Traktor on windows 8.1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor on windows 8.1

Just one question, Traktor works with win 8.1 (properly optimized) and kontrol s4? I dont want to spend my money and have nothing. Thanks.

Yes it does. I run 8.1
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by hellnegative View Post
    Yes it does. I run 8.1
    Thanks for fast reply.
    And you did some tweaks? Do you use that laptop just for traktor? I read at NI forums that all suggest macbook but i dont want to spend 1 month of work just for a laptop... i looked some asus with i7, should work. What specs have your pc?

Tech Mentor

Does Windows still need optimising? why is it so different to OS X?

Tech Guru

Because it's an entirely different OS?

You don't have to optimize, but it certainly doesn't hurt.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    Because it's an entirely different OS?
    Ha yeah sorry that didn't make much sense did it, i mean what is different that allows it to run perfect on OS X and rubbish on Windows? I keep seeing things like 'disable Wifi' .. they both have Wifi.. do they just put more effort into OS X version or is something poor in Windows the root cause?

There's definitely been some issues with the Windows version, especially with 2.7.0+.

Loss of ALAC support, messed up window scaling, some issues with multicore performance, etc.

Does it run well and is it stable? Yes, for the most part. It's just small bugs that you need to work around, etc.

I think most Windows users have stuck with 2.6.8 for now. That runs just fine.

I never have any issues on my win 8.1 machine and Im only running dual core 2.4ghz with 2 gb of ram without optimization.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Wizard

If NI released traktor on Console, there would not be any problems.
    People could just dj with the game controller out of the box instead of trying to learn how to dj and how to setup a pc
    If anything goes wrong, just blame the joystick
    btw. most games run better on pc than console

oh thanks for these fast replies you saved my wallet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast