shure m44g cartridges or stanton 505v3 for traktor scratch any ideas? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Convert

i tried the digital controler thing by getting a vci 100 and bought a firmware kit and cranked out the xp computer and upgraded it to 1.4 making it an se but pressing buttons is soul less to me. i need to feel something plus no matter how many times i beat gridded my tracks, to me the mix sounded out, just a little drift on the kick drum which i would alter by brushing the side of the platter or push it. i couldnt get with using buttons to do that. i used it for about half an hour and never used it since. i still have it sitting inb its box in the cupboard

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by backtothefront View Post
    The M44-G's are v nice carts/styli, I reallly rate them for more traditional styles of mixing, House etc. If scratching a lot, then 77's obviiously. Saying that up until I went to M44-G's, I used 500's for 15 years+ and never once had an issue.
    How long do your stylus usually last on the M44-7's?

I'm not sure what that has to do with this thread, but....

I use M-44G carts with n-447 styli right now. I did that because the 44g and 447 styli are cheaper than the whitelabel styli I used to use, and it's just a stylus change to go back to records. I haven't had a single problem with them, and I use the minimum recommended tracking force on all of them. You can't bump the table without it skipping, but you can back-cue and scratch, and I think the records lasting longer (lower tracking weight) is worth a bit of stylus cost.

All that being said, if I decide to keep using my 1200s, I'll probably go back to whitelabels mostly for aesthetic reasons.

Tech Student

M44-7 are good to i have no complaints

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Goingvinyl123 View Post
    How long do your stylus usually last on the M44-7's?
    Afraid I've not owned the 7's, only the G's, but had the current pair for a couple of years, still going strong. I don't really scratch, House DJ, so they don't take the punishment in that way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12