Playing 140 Jungle Style in the Club Discuss...(Future Jungle, Jungle Tekno)
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Playing 140 Jungle Style in the Club Discuss...(Future Jungle, Jungle Tekno)

(MODS this is a discussion about playing a certain style)

As the title states... (those three names pretty much describe one genre.)

So 140 Jungle used to be kind of popular, but it went away for a while.
    Being the dj that I am and trying to stay on the cutting edge of music, I played an all 140 jungle set on Saturday.
    I will post up the mix soon, but I wanted to say that everyone totally LOVED the music!!!! (everyone was QUITE "elevated")

We were in a smaller room off the main room with couches, it probably held like 30 people but I would say we had like at least 5000w in subs and another 4000 in tops. So yeah waaayyyy overpowered, but bass heavy so still good.

Playing very dark, atmospheric jungle tracks. With an emphasis on building like an "imaginary world" with my mix.
    Tying everything together with matching keys.

Are you playing any 140 Jungle??? If so tell me the results!

Interested in hearing more of this style? Take a Listen...

https://soundcloud.com/vonroyale/liv...iris-nightclub

Tech Guru

My ears just pricked up when I saw the words 'Future Jungle'! I sometimes play Future Jungle as well as 140 Breaks/Rave Breaks and do a show on a radio station that plays a lot of FJ, including a show from the most influential and IMHO the definitive Future Jungle label 'Boomsha Recordings' by the label owner Daz Breakz (Friday evenings (UK) - www.planet-rave.com). A lot of prominent FJ scene heads/producers feature on there. I'll definitely take a listen to your mix. Come over to the site if you can, you'd be most welcome to come in and join in the conversations.

yah I still have 2 to 3 hours of dark drum and bass that I don't touch on my hard drive. they are all 160 to 180 BPM

I wish I would have known. I'd have come out.

This is a genre I have been wanting to look into, going to have to check out the label mentioned above.

Any other labels // producers you can suggest for the hunt?

Sub Focus did a song called "Last Jungle". Its great.

And that label (Top Drawer Digital) controls most of the new sound. It takes ALOT of crate digging to find good tracks.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    Sub Focus did a song called "Last Jungle". Its great.

And that label (Top Drawer Digital) controls most of the new sound. It takes ALOT of crate digging to find good tracks.
    Good timing, if you like Top Drawer, Digitally Mashed does his Top Drawer show on Planet-Rave tonight 8PM(UK).

Also Paul Woolford knocks out some good Jungle under his Special Request guise. Also defintely worth checking out is the new album from Bay B Kane on Boomsha - top class.

That set you posted sounds like ordinary breakebeat stuff to me tbh

I'm one of those guys that pretty much goes all over with tempos in my sets. aka one of the recent sets I did I starts at 110, up to 130, back to 115, up to 170, down to 85, then moved back up through tempos to end around 115...

This being said, I've had a pretty good response mixing in jungle and dnb into my sets, when done right.... That meaning right track, right time, mixed in and out well. I have many tracks I use to pull this off. Tracks with the transitions built in and tracks when the breakdown drops tempo so I mix the first jungle track into that breakdown then run with dnb for a few tracks and mix back out generally with a half tempo track then pick the tempo back up over time.

Everyone knows me as being the guy who will give you whiplash with tempos, in a good way. Keeps my dance floor on their toes and never knowing what to truly expect.
    Tre Tuna
    DJ and Recording and Mixing engineer for live and studio sound
    Traktor Pro 2.7.1 | MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4gigs ram
    Stanton STR8-150s | Ortofon Q-Bert Carts
    NI Z2, F1, Machine MK I, RigKontrol 3 | Dicers | PadKontrol

Tech Guru

Nice to hear Schoco in there, he knows his stuff.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast