newmark mixtrack pro 2

Default newmark mixtrack pro 2

hey my friend wants to buy a controller and I don't know much about them. the one I ended up recommending was the numark mixtrack pro 2 witch is a bit under his budget. it sells for $250 Canadian. he has about $300. I recommended it cause it comes with serato dj intro instead of virtual dj. the cheaper mixtrack you have to buy a second sound card anyway. it does loops, samples, FX and hot cues. the music stops when you touch the platter but can still be nudged at the side of the jog weal. the only thing I did not like about it is that it has no gains. the other thing is that for $250 its probably the best you can do.

what should he buy?

Mixtrack_Pro_II_Hero-624x390[1].jpg

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by dj max bradley View Post
    hey my friend wants to buy a controller and I don't know much about them. the one I ended up recommending was the numark mixtrack pro 2 witch is a bit under his budget. it sells for $250 Canadian. he has about $300. I recommended it cause it comes with serato dj intro instead of virtual dj. the cheaper mixtrack you have to buy a second sound card anyway. it does loops, samples, FX and hot cues. the music stops when you touch the platter but can still be nudged at the side of the jog weal. the only thing I did not like about it is that it has no gains. the other thing is that for $250 its probably the best you can do.

what should he buy?

Mixtrack_Pro_II_Hero-624x390[1].jpg
    He should buy used, and get a higher end piece of gear that he won't begin to hate in a short period of time. An S2 or S4 can be had for the same price, or not much more, if you search on the used market for a bit.