Is Traktor in trouble
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Is Traktor in trouble

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2009/1...now/#more-8139

id love to hear some opinions on this subject

I don't think any software is in trouble. Each program seems to be catering to a specific group, some groups with more software solutions than others. I think this just adds to available arsenal for Live users.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Vinyl control doesn't really make much of a difference. If you like Traktor's interface you're going to live traktor's interface.

If you like Ableton's then you like Ableton. And they are so vastly different, at that.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

I think NI Traktor could in trouble, i can see alot of user making the switch to Ableton given enough time (thats if traktor stays as it is)

But then i am sure NI have some unexpected stuff up their sleeves too

Time will tell !

Tech Wizard

traktor and ableton are two different beasts....

theres more preparation to an ableton set, and if the crowd aint vibing to your selection its difficult to change what you had in mind - i dont fancy warping or bringing in untested tracks in ableton, whereas in traktor i can just beatmatch them and give it a go

so no, i dont see traktor going away anytime soon

You can use time code vinyls with Traktor already, they just need to add warp markers and VST support in the new version and everythings cool again.
    JOHN SHIMA | LIVE RADIO SHOW
    ALTERNATE SUNDAYS 8PM - 10PM (GMT)
    DETROIT TECHNO | DEEP HOUSE | BLEEPS | ACID
    www.future-music.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ian3dge View Post
    traktor and ableton are two different beasts....

theres more preparation to an ableton set, and if the crowd aint vibing to your selection its difficult to change what you had in mind - i dont fancy warping or bringing in untested tracks in ableton, whereas in traktor i can just beatmatch them and give it a go

so no, i dont see traktor going away anytime soon
    I think your missing the point of just how much max for live is going to change all that for djs

honestly, not that impressed. i guess it's not really my bag. i love traktor, and have respect for ableton..but until there's something i see that appeals to me, or see it demonstrated in a way that makes me say "oh man that's what i want to do".. i say traktor is for me.

vst support would be awesome though.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Default Re: Is Traktor in trouble

That's the thing about m4l, you decide what you want to do then you do it. No longer are you kept to the boundries of what what the software manufacturer allows you to do. You get an idea and you do it, without having to wait for the company to give you the feature you have been wishing for. Pretty much you immagination and your CPU power are the only things holding you back.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    I think your missing the point of just how much max for live is going to change all that for djs
    maybe, we shall wait and see... more interesting will be what they are coming up with serato.. i have a valid live 7 licence so i am intrigued

i still dont see how max for live will make ableton easier at bringing in unwarped tracks?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast