question concerning id3 tags

Default question concerning id3 tags

ive done a thorough search of the forums and have tried many different things but simply cannot get my problem resolved. im trying to get itunes, mixedinkey and traktor3.4 to all work nicely together as far as tagging is concerned. i have all my tracks analysed in MIK, setting it to write the key and bpm to before the comments and setting it to NOT rewrite file names. so after a batch of songs though MIK, i open them in itunes, and the key and bpm show up in comments, just as they should. next i open up traktor, and find the file that i just had a MIK tag written to (i just bought my MIK copy, and therefore already have a ton of tracks that have been analysed and gridded in traktor, but not yet tagged by MIK). This is where am having problems. i cant for the life of me get the key and bpm to show up in traktor. i have tried everything i can think of, including reanalysing and reading file tags, which, as far as i know, should work. any one else have a similar problem? or can think of what im doing wrong here? thanks people

Traktor likes id 2.4 i believe, and iTunes uses 2.3. I used to have this problem but since converting all itunes tags to 2.4, everything shows up fine in TSP
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

move the star rating column near the key field and then hover your mouse over the stars does this make the key appear. I used to have this happen a while back didnt find a fix, i think an upgrade solved it.
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    Traktor likes id 2.4 i believe, and iTunes uses 2.3. I used to have this problem but since converting all itunes tags to 2.4, everything shows up fine in TSP
    this was the trick! thank you very much. coverted all the tags in itunes to 2.4 then read the files in traktor and there they were. thanks again

No worries. Have fun
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "