Spotify Issues

Thread: Spotify Issues

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Default Spotify Issues

OK so I'm new to Spotify.
    I installed it and all was fine. I was making some playlists to add to my website but now all of a sudden I have all my iTunes playlists in my playlists section and they are all empty.

I did not add these playlists. I tried adding one iTunes playlist by drag n drop and now they are all there empty.

I have followed the complete uninstall routine and the playlists just keep appearing so I'm guessing there is a sneaky file somewhere that keeps adding this shit.

Anyone know how to 100% remove Spotify?

What I want to achieve is that nothing is in my Spotify other than playlists that I create from tracks in a folder on the LOCAL tab. I will add tunes to this folder and create playlists within Spotify.

I do not want Spotify crawling over my iTunes folder/playlist but no matter how many times I uninstall and install Spotify I get all my itunes playlists listed and they are all empty cus I have not added my iTunes music folder (I don't want to add my iTunes folder).

Also, (yes Im a noob) I don't understand the privacy of Spotify. Can people look in my iTunes when online.
    Also, If I want to add a Spotify playlist to my website does Spotify have to be online.

Any help appreciated.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Did a Google search and it seems the only way to do this is to add all the playlists to one folder and delete that folder so I did that and now I have an empty Spotify again.

So, now I'm creating new playlists and drag n dropping the tracks from iTunes manually. This is a pain as for some reason it always makes 2 entries but at least my Spotify is just the playlists that I want.

What a shambolic application.

Here's another question. If I want to embed a Spotify playlist into my website do I need a Premium account?
    I don't understand the difference between Offline and Online mode (apart from the obvious).