Would you play a pre-recorded set at a live event...
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default Would you play a pre-recorded set at a live event...

and mix in live as well?
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

Nope.

Cheating.

Absolutely not. You couldn't really call it a "live" event if you did that anyway.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Not a chance man

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, personally.

Would you go to your day job and not do a damn thing, even when others depended on you completing your work?

Your job as a DJ is to make sure people are having a good time. While they may potentially have a good time to the music you play in your pre-recorded set if you're lucky, odds are they won't if you're consistently doing this. There are different vibes in a club each night, different groups of people, etc. The famous DJs that supposedly play pre-recorded sets accomplish that because all the fish in the EDM world are just happy to "see" famous dude or woman X "supposedly playing." I'm guessing you don't have that kind of popularity.

Besides, part of the joy of something like DJing, at least to me, is playing the right song at the right time or discovering new combos of songs and transitions that are really cool. You can't really do that in a pre-recorded set.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Well, imagine you make it huge

And they request you play this exact setlist

They pay you thousands

Now what do you do?

Never!
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

what would you do for an hour or whatever? stand there and look at facebook?

i play out because its fun, not because i want to be seen.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Nope.

Cheating.
    LOL thats what I was thinking too.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

def not!

but, I was at a festival once, when a certain #1 dj in the world came out, put in cd and left the stage for 1 hr. Idk what happened, but it must have been important lol.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast