Traktor 3.41 issue (2 different versions?)

Default Traktor 3.41 issue (2 different versions?)

I was wondering if you guys have any idea about this. I have Traktor 3.41 on my desktop and my laptop. I purchased Traktor 3 and did the service center updates for both of them.

For some reason, the program appears to be different on the two computers even though it says 3.41 when I click the "about program" area.

They each have different layout options that the other doesn't have. I will put up some pics when I can, but does anybody have an idea why this could be?

My desktop is old, predating widescreen displays. (the graphics card can't output widescreen) The laptop is pretty new. That shouldn't matter, should it?

had a massive crash about a month after i started using traktor, lost all my collection data, layouts changed and few other bits seemed different but can't remember what now. was one updated from le and the other a 'fresh' install? that might be where the difference is?

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

I update them from NI's demo downloads instead of my Traktor CD for some silly reason. I didn't think it would make a difference since I already have my registration number for the purchased one.

what visual differences is it? the panels along the top? mixer layout? general colouring?

SoundCloud

Ok here is what I have. I can't understand why the options are different.

very odd.... i have no ideas what's caused that tbh, but that is the only difference, yeah? they both still work correctly and everything?

however, there is a tks file for the display stuff, on a pc it's in documents > traktor3 and called TDS3Gui.tks. i assume you could copy one from the other and the options will match up on screen.
    or you can just edit the options (panels displayed/name/etc...) so they match up.

are you going to use some sort of sync program to the collection data identical on both machines? this would mean you'd have to make sure all the music is in exactly the same place on both i.e "c:\traktor library" or something.
    if so it might be worth doing the whole traktor 3 folder to keep all the display bits identical.

SoundCloud

Yeah everything seems to work fine. I guess I will just manually set them up to look the same.

I only use the desktop for practicing at home and making up MIDI control configurations to try out. I don't need to make copies of my music collection or anything. The laptop goes on the road and I just move songs to it as needed.

I just tend to be a perfectionist and this kind of bothered me. At some point I may just install them both from my Traktor CD-rom instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Synaptic Flow View Post
    At some point I may just install them both from my Traktor CD-rom instead.
    don't think that'll make much difference in the long run, the menus might be the same afterwards, but you'll eventually change things anyway.

SoundCloud