Direr need of help recording on Traktor with DJM900 and CDJ2000nexus
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Direr need of help recording on Traktor with DJM900 and CDJ2000nexus

Hey friends.

I have dug through some of these forms and have found some useful information in regards to recording on Traktor with my DJM900 and CDJ2000nexus'.

I have went here: http://www.native-instruments.com/en...oneer-djm-900/ and have done what is directed.

With this setup my recordings have awful quality. I am connecting my cdjs and mixer through a hub and that hub is connected to my computer. I am willing to paypal/quickpay cash for the person who can help me get this issue solved.

Thank you in advance.

Define "awful quality." My Pioneer settings are the same, but I have 10 db of headroom instead of 5.

Have you tried going instead of through a hub, straight from the mixer USB into the computer's?

Can you record on Traktor playing internally and it sounds good?

I've also found I have to go into my computer's settings and manually disable my wireless cards otherwise I get interference and mad crackling.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Check your cables and levels. The routing setup is correct so that is not the problem.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
    Define "awful quality." My Pioneer settings are the same, but I have 10 db of headroom instead of 5.

Have you tried going instead of through a hub, straight from the mixer USB into the computer's?

I've also found I have to go into my computer's settings and manually disable my wireless cards otherwise I get interference and mad crackling.
    I only have one usb port on my new macbook so a hub is mandatory. I changed my settings around and now recording doesn't work internally. I am getting a lot of interference and crackling when I play back my tested recordings. Once I stop the recording I loose all control from CDJs to traktor's software and have to reboot traktor to get any sound output. Thanks for the quick response.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Check your cables and levels. The routing setup is correct so that is not the problem.
    Cables and levels are fine, thank you.

Tech Convert

I only have one usb port on my new macbook so a hub is mandatory. I changed my settings around and now recording doesn't work internally. I am getting a lot of interference and crackling when I play back my tested recordings. Once I stop the recording I loose all control from CDJs to traktor's software and have to reboot traktor to get any sound output. Thanks for the quick response.

Can you post an example of the "awful quality," preferably with a video of all of the level meters (any cel phone will take good enough video for this)?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post

Yeah, mad crackling is exactly what is happening. It does record just fine internally on my S4 and without my cdjs hooked up. I can't go straight into my computer as my new macbook only has 1 port.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyFree View Post
    Yeah, mad crackling is exactly what is happening. It does record just fine internally on my S4 and without my cdjs hooked up. I can't go straight into my computer as my new macbook only has 1 port.
    Had a similar problem. External recording requires additional CPU resources for some reason, under Traktor preferences - Audio Setup increase your latency setting (a what setting is it now?).
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Had a similar problem. External recording requires additional CPU resources for some reason, under Traktor preferences - Audio Setup increase your latency setting (a what setting is it now?).
    Sample rate is 44100. Latency 512 (overall 13.1ms). Should I raise it higher?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast