Finding The Latest Releases?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Finding The Latest Releases?

First of all, I'm very sorry if there's already a thread about this, i don't know, if it's just me being too idiotic at using the search function, to find anything about this..

I primarily mix electro house and I know that a lot of you, will think of me as a 16 year old kid, who doesn't know a thing about dj'ing because of that, but I do, it's just my favorite genre

So, which blogs, youtube channels (promotional channels and official label channels), soundcloud profiles, websites, etc., do you use to find the latest releases?

I mainly use youtube, where I have a subscribtion collection, which i check every day. From time to time i also check out the beatport top 100's.

Beatport, Soundcloud,Youtube,Spotify the list goes on and on and on.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

Subscriptions on YouTube are a great start! Also subscribe to your favorite labels and artists on Soundcloud.

The big one is Record Pools like DJ City for a paid one, or Your Army where you have to apply to join but its all free.
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

I'd also suggest listening to your favorite DJs and checking out what tracks they are playing. The bigger DJs tend to play alot of tracks that aren't released (yet)...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Wizard

Thanks for all of your answers!

Tech Wizard

I use spotify for new music discovery, then a record pool for downloading

Tech Wizard

Use the Hype Machine to get the latest blogged about tracks. You can also use it to subscribe to blogs just posting the type of music you like to create your own feed. That's probably my favorite source!

hypem.com

Tech Guru

+1 for Spotify

Default Other areas for music

Just saw a dude post about 'satelliteedm.com' which is nice and different from beatport or juno or spotify or any others. Layed out different too. I used to buy vinyl from them a long time ago.

I listen to my faves and usually have 1 or 2 from each of them jump at me. Whatever moves you will move others. I love the UK dudes like judge jules, pete tong, and the MOS sets. Love them! Have fun listening..

Tech Mentor

find artists you like and the labels that put their stuff out.

research said labels for similar sounds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast