Please help!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please help!!!

Default Please help!!!

Please can anyone help and I will love u long time?

Just moved house and was going to upgrade my cdj 1000's mk 3 x 2 and a djm 400 after the move...

Once getting into my new house I receive my decks in a soggy mess!! The removal men had left them in the rain, fortunately the equipment wasn't effected!!!

My problem is I wanted to know where I can buy replacement boxes to keep them mint as possible and not to decrease the value when I come to sell them "because know one wants to buy equipment without it's box!!"

I tried to ring pioneer and they were really unhelpful and didn't point me in any direction to where to start! I have looked all over the net and can't find any where!

Is there anyone who could help please?

Thank you!

Find someone who bought a pair and buy their boxes from them. There's no manufacturing company that makes just the boxes bruv.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Mentor

flight cases instead? my experience with used gear is that no one cares when you don't have the box, I only save them until the warranty is done.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by hellnegative View Post
    Find someone who bought a pair and buy their boxes from them. There's no manufacturing company that makes just the boxes bruv.
    In this day and age im pretty sure you could get someone to scan a pioneer box, and send you a brand new lookalike box in a few days. Im sure the Chinese knock off industry already has the template.

What an age we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by teknik1200 View Post
    flight cases instead? my experience with used gear is that no one cares when you don't have the box, I only save them until the warranty is done.
    Really? I've been saving all my boxes religiously, with all the packaging, manuals, stickers, etc.

I haven't tried to sell anything (and probably won't but who's to say when the next great thing comes along.)

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Glitchwerks View Post
    Really? I've been saving all my boxes religiously, with all the packaging, manuals, stickers, etc.

I haven't tried to sell anything (and probably won't but who's to say when the next great thing comes along.)
    You get more for resale when you can package it the way that you bought it. Ive had people pass on sales when I didnt have the packaging. I keep it for everything now.

I always keep packaging man. It's not even about resale. It's just nostalgia I think. One day 10 years down the road, my str8150's will be in their original box and my daughter will be able to open them and experience what I felt opening those same boxes.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Mentor

I'd rather buy a used piece of kit in a case than a ragged box.

Also, If you plan to keep them for a while then a box would eventually get damaged and wouldn't protect them as well Packaging boxes aren't meant for long term protection. It would've looked like you threw them in the basement and didn't care for them whereas buying a case would show me that you wanted to keep them nice. I'd keep the manuals but get real cases. I think a case would make up for the lack of box if i was shopping around.

I had a deck that was in a case that a rather inebriated gentlemen elected to carry for me. (I didn't know he was that drunk) He toppled backward into a ditch which was rather full. The case smelled a bit like swamp water but nothing was hurt inside and wasn't even wet. I couldn't say a box would've fared well in that situation.
    Traktor Z2, Numark TTX1,Ableton Live 9/Push,Roland TR8,Eurorack modular
    Techno/Experimental

Get flight cases instead of "boxes"

I generally only keep a box until the warranty is done , after that theres really no point(imo)

No offence, but we are talking about cdj 1000 mk3....the 2ehand value already plummeted a few years ago.
    I'm doubtfull that original boxes would add value, so I would not pay money for new boxes.

Use them untill they are broken because you would not get more then a few hundred dollars when selling them.
    And you can't replace them without another 'big' investment...
    If they don’t want to see the light…..just make them feel the beat…..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast