Changing song bitrate?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Changing song bitrate?

I downloaded EVERY single song I had on itunes by 'youtube to mp3 converter' and people say that increasing the bitrate to example 256kbps promotes the sound quality. Is it true? If yes, should I change it all to 256kbps, even though it will take more space? Does the difference affect so much?

Tech Guru

Youtube sound quality is terrible. You cannot improve it by improving the bitrate. It will just increase the size of the file and not the quality.

If you dont want to sound rubbish , then buy the full quality track from the artist.

Stealing music is dumb.

Tech Mentor

i know. but how am i supposed to buy each of 300 songs?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by drewjonn View Post
    i know. but how am i supposed to buy each of 300 songs?
    Fucking hell. How do people get through life being so entitled and helpless these days.

You get a job, earn some money and buy them. Why do you assume you have a right to those 300 songs?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    Fucking hell. How do people get through life being so entitled and helpless these days.

You get a job, earn some money and buy them. Why do you assume you have a right to those 300 songs?
    for people who don't have earning yet, it is illegal for them to own a good quality music? anyway if its that illegal the websites should have been shut. its the same like those who cant afford to buy doesnt deserve to listen to the musics though.

Tech Guru

for people who don't have earning yet, it is illegal for them to own a good quality music? anyway if its that illegal the websites should have been shut. its the same like those who cant afford to buy doesnt deserve to listen to the musics though.
    Thats exactly what it means. You dont have a right to music. If you choose not to get a job, then you can choose not to buy things you cant afford.

There is so much free music on soundcloud and bandcamp.

Tech Mentor

thats too mean and rigid. i think everyone deserves decent quality music. tell me how many dudes in the forum who spent hundreds of bucks to purchase legally, can you?
    Last edited by drewjonn; 12-17-2014 at 11:09 PM.

Tech Guru

thats too mean and rigid. i think everyone deserves decent quality music. tell me how many dudes in the forum who spent hundreds of bucks to purchase legally, can you?
    "Too mean and rigid".

They are some cool words. Here are some other cool words:

Lazy, spoiled, entitled.

Many people here also make music that is for sale. Do you think they are going to help you take music without paying for it?

Again, there is plenty of good free music on soundclound and bandcamp. Why arent you digging there for tunes?

My beatport history shows about 900 songs purchased at about $3/each. Just beatport. There are a few other places I buy music as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast