4 deck mixing on Pioneer DJM 500 mixer?

Default 4 deck mixing on Pioneer DJM 500 mixer?

I have recently bought two EKS XP 10's to go with my Otus. This gives me 4 line inputs to my Pioneer DJM 500 mixer, but I only have 3 cd/line inputs on a 4 channel mixer (channel 4 is mic and phono).

Does anyone have a way around this? I've had a look through the net, but I can't come up with anything. Any help is gratefully received as usual. Cheers.

i am right in thinking that line into phono creates sever distortion? what about turning the gain right down? think that was a work around i used in the past.

or an adapter to link one of them in as a mic? but that may have the same problem as above....?

you could look at by-passing the pre-amp on the phono channel, tried googling that and the results made my head explode, but the answer is out there.

or, (googled the back panel so hopefully this is right) connect 2 devices to channel 1 as it has 2 line inputs, you'll only be able to use 3 at a time, but you could swap channel 1 between decks c and d - maybe use it for some kind of crossfader-less beatjuggle?

or 'acquire' a djm600 - that has the holes you need

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tried turning the gain right down, but it leaves a lot of hiss on the track. I'm sure I'd have the same problem if I bought a mic adaptor.

By passing the pre-amp sounds interesting, but I'm not sure I want to go too far down that road.

I was hoping to be able to load 4 tracks and play them simultaneously, 3 is good, but 4 is better. I now have a spare deck sitting around doing nothing.

It looks like I may have to sell the my mixer to finance another one with 4 line ins. I really don't want to go down this route cos I f***in' love that mixer, I really do.

well 'needs must' as my mum says (?)

thing with the 500 is it came out when vinyl was still in big use, and people would add cds as auxilary kit.

the 600 came out as cds were beginning to become more popular so it has line across all 4 channels to better accomodate.

only sticking to the 600 in this case as it's (kind of) the next one up and almost the same thing. in fact i've played on both and never really noticed a big difference between the 2 tbh.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud