Music Discovery/Where to Find Tracks - Page 7
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 117
  1. #61
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    I D/L'd and tried it a while back. I can see why some would like it.

    But, like you found keithace, it was very slow on my machine...
    its quite snappy on my 3 year old surface pro 2.

  2. #62

    Default

    It would be coo if there was a record pool where DJ's add playlists each week (song title/artist/version/file type) and get them back with each requested tune + exclusive mixes, loops and industry insight. The worst part of searching for songs is the amount of noise in the record pools, the cost and of course, the amount of time it takes.

    Thoughts?
    https://soundcloud.com/bryanisaac


    CDJ's in the future ? Naturally.

  3. #63
    Moderator keithace's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    5,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanIsaac View Post
    It would be coo if there was a record pool where DJ's add playlists each week (song title/artist/version/file type) and get them back with each requested tune + exclusive mixes, loops and industry insight. The worst part of searching for songs is the amount of noise in the record pools, the cost and of course, the amount of time it takes.

    Thoughts?
    having to dig is part of the grind...it's what makes your sound unique...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

  4. #64
    Tech Mentor overcast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    having to dig is part of the grind...it's what makes your sound unique...
    I agree with that sentiment. How are you going to know what's good if you don't know what's bad?

    I try to keep tabs on labels I like and listen to everything they put out. I also dig into an artist's back catalog. Find who they're remixing, find out who's remixing them too.

  5. #65

    Default

    If you use Spotify, Forgotify is a pretty cool site that finds stuff that's never been played on Spotify. It's not genre specific, but you can find some cool stuff on there.

  6. #66
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    4

    Default

    My opinion, SoundCloud is the best place!

  7. #67
    Tech Wizard Axa Kadabra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sicnarf033 View Post
    Does anyone know a website where you can get old music from funk, disco to say 90s Rnb and Rap? Those tend to be more difficult.
    rateyourmusic.com/list/diction/more_90s_hip_hop_goodies/

  8. #68
    Tech Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26

    Default

    I've been having good luck on reddit recently and specifically subreddits dedicated to specific genres.

  9. #69
    Moderator keithace's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    5,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bmasters View Post
    I've been having good luck on reddit recently and specifically subreddits dedicated to specific genres.
    I left /r/djs and getting ready to unsub /r/electronicmusic...bunch of a-holes...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

  10. #70
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    I left /r/djs and getting ready to unsub /r/electronicmusic...bunch of a-holes...
    I find r/djs so frustrating. Its the same 3 lazy questions over and over from lazy new DJs who cant be bothered reading the sidebar.

    A lot of noobs treat r/Djs as a service where they expect less lazy people to google and explain things for them.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •