Need some advice on my Vestax VCI-380
    Tech Wizard

Default Need some advice on my Vestax VCI-380

Howdy there fellow DJTTers, its been awhile.

I am needing some advice on my controller. I have the Vestax VCI-380 and i love every part of this controller from everything to using serato DJ to the fact its a stand alone mixer. My problem is My left Channel Fader is now completely unusable. It started out dodgy and now its complete done with, along with the crossfader now starting to go out. Now this is super frustrating since i cannot contact vestax for replacement parts since they are now out of business.

My question is should I dump the $150 into the repairs or should I part ways with this controller all together and get something more secure (customer service wise) and reliable.

If I should part ways, what should i get instead?
    (keep in mind Serato DJ is the only way I go)

Keep in mind I do come from digital DJing but I want to keep using my turntable with my sets.

Thanks guys,
    Moogr
    Last edited by dj_moog; 01-13-2015 at 09:52 AM.

I've not taken a 380 apart but if it's anything like my 300, you should have no trouble replacing one or both channel faders. You don't necessarily have to use Vestax ones either.

Have you tried cleaning the faders out with switch lubricant?

Tech Wizard

yeah i have looked into alternative faders to put in it but unfortunately due to the "specialized" midi fader i have to get the one made for the VCI-380. the cheapest i could find was like $100 guess that is the last time i pay for a used controller

I would take out clean with contact cleaner and lube

Have you looked into any other controllers? If you want something similar I'd go with the Pioneer DDJ-SR and keep your VCI 380 as a trophy

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

but unfortunately due to the "specialized" midi fader
    I dont think the fader itself is specialized, just a regular fader attached to a special circuit board by the looks of it - but apparently its the board that goes faulty in the first batch of 380's. The line fader is $45 bucks

X fader is $35 - it looks like a standard x fader and guess you might get one cheaper if you are willing to solder it in place.

http://qualityelectronics.net ($100 for the pair).
    http://www.planetdj.com/i--IF380
    http://www.adorama.com/searchsite/de...915+4294845431
    Last edited by deevey; 01-13-2015 at 04:08 PM.