Have you taken your Traktor controllers to a club
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Have you taken your Traktor controllers to a club

the reason I ask is because Im planning to do a prom and wanted to know how the NI equipment did in a club environment. I plan on taking my laptop, F1 and X1 MK2 any relevent expierence setting up at a club would be helpful too.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

I used a S4 mk1 professionally for over 3 years, they are club worthy. In my case the setup was simply plug the master out to a spare mixer channel or use the balanced outs when connecting to a sound guy's mixing board.

If you will be using only the F1 and X1 you'll need an external audio interface unless the club mixer's has one built into it.

Tech Guru

I use an S2 Mk1 for my mobile gigs, and the occasional club (as a fill in for a friend).

I keep connectors that can go from 1/4" balanced on the S2 into the common inputs on the club mixer (RCA, xlr, and 1/4" balanced). Odds are good that RCA is all you will need. If possible check the booth ahead of time and look at the connections you will need and the space that is available.

I use a Crane Stand Pro for the laptop...it helps to minimize the overall table top space that I need. Space is at a premium in most booths, and the less you need the happier you will be.

Keep some velcro wraps on hand to do some basic cable management in the booth AFTER you are setup. BEFORE you teardown, use the velcro to make a temporary cable snake and wrap up all your cables in one bundle. You can use that to experiment with at home later.

Bring a power strip. You should be able to power everything in your setup with ONE (1) wall outlet in the booth.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    I used a S4 mk1 professionally for over 3 years, they are club worthy. In my case the setup was simply plug the master out to a spare mixer channel or use the balanced outs when connecting to a sound guy's mixing board.

If you will be using only the F1 and X1 you'll need an external audio interface unless the club mixer's has one built into it.
    Cool, could I say use an Z1 to plug into the clubs mixer?
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

Prom ≠ Club
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Whenever I play out I only use X1's and the house mixer (Xone:92 preferred) ... never has been an issue, but also may depend on what type of scene you are involved in.

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bc6 View Post
    Cool, could I say use an Z1 to plug into the clubs mixer?
    Yeah, the Z1 has basically an Audio 2 in it. Plug the Master out to a free mixer channel and you are good to go

thats what my X1 is for controll traktor without having to bring loads of gear with me . an X1 and an audio 2 DJ do the trick for most things. Leave my other gear at home

X1's. Leave the rest of the toys at home.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

i have taken my S2 to the club before, it works but prefer mixing on the clubs set up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast