What to do about DVS? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

^Cheers, guys. Mixvibes sounds very interesting. As does Serato. To be honest, I barely scratch the surface of Traktor's midi/remix capabilities when I spin. Though there's always the option to, which is nice. I'm open to all suggestions. For you Mixvibes guys, can you recommend a decent scratch mixer with a built in soundcard?

Both less than 300$:
    American Audio DV2USB
    Reloop IQ2Midi

Quote Originally Posted by thugsucker View Post
    Both less than 300$:
    American Audio DV2USB
    Reloop IQ2Midi
    The Reloop IQ2Midi will not work with timecode by itself. The description on their website might say 4 in/4 out but it doesn't actually pass channels 1 and 2 through to the computer. I know this because I bought one for the explicit purpose of using with timecode only to discover that it doesn't work!! Ended up picking up a Denon X600 for a similar price instead.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by mistaRC View Post
    For you Mixvibes guys, can you recommend a decent scratch mixer with a built in soundcard?
    I'm using my Pioneer DJM 850 which has a built in scratch soundcard with Cross and Mivibes DVS control vinvyls (works great with CDJs and timecode CDs as well).

All I do is have a USB to the mixer from my laptop, and can switch from phono/line when I'm Djing normal vinyls to USB to use my control vinyls anytime using the switches at the top of each channel.

The DJM 900 also works great and according to Mixvibes it works fine with any soundcard or mixer with built in scratch soundcard

"Any 4-channels soundcard with Asio driver or Core audio. Any mixer with built-in soundcard."

http://www.mixvibes.com/products/crossdvs

it's well worth a look if you're considering a DVS setup and things like having an optional beatmatch parrallel wave form going right across the top of the screen is great for seeing at a glance if your beats are drifting
    CDJ 2000s : DJM 900: Reloop RP-7000s : Mixvibes Cross 3+ : HPCompaq : iMac: Maschine 2 : Traktor Pro2 : XDJ-AERO : RMX1000
    facebook.com/djanedalton / and my DJ alter-ego, The Imperatrixx

Tech Wizard

I bought a Pioneer DJM-T1. Here goes nothin'...!

A good choice. Z2 is (no matter how much NI is marketing it) still just a plastic controller in a mixer form with sub-par build quality (compared to Pio/Denon/A&H..). People jumped on it in the beginning because of features and included TSP2 licence but within a year there was a flood of them for sale on forums.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    A good choice. Z2 is (no matter how much NI is marketing it) still just a plastic controller in a mixer form with sub-par build quality (compared to Pio/Denon/A&H..). People jumped on it in the beginning because of features and included TSP2 licence but within a year there was a flood of them for sale on forums.
    very true and i own one.

i look at it in way that in about 2 years i'll have to sell it due to the build, if it i keep it any longer i would lose to much money.. i might be wrong but i think i might be right.
    i'll jump on the 57mk2 then which will last years due to Rane excellent build quality.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Hansfree View Post
    very true and i own one.

i look at it in way that in about 2 years i'll have to sell it due to the build, if it i keep it any longer i would lose to much money.. i might be wrong but i think i might be right.
    i'll jump on the 57mk2 then which will last years due to Rane excellent build quality.

one of the clubs i am a resident at has a z2 and its used 3-4 nights a week and has been for over a year. Its pretty rock solid. Havnt had a single issue with it.

yea i've had 3 diffrent ones now.

The first was a second hand one about a year old but in tip top condition. Had to send it back because there was all sorts of stuff going wrong with it after about 3 months.

They then sent a replacement because it was covered under warranty but it was more beat up than the one i sent back. so i sold it actually at a profit of £70

I then bought a brand spanking new one about 3 months ago and thats been great.

Love the mixer and i hope i won't have to sell it because now i'm really getting in tune to it and there plenty you can do with it.

Don't get me wrong i'm not bashing the mixer as i think its possibly the best mixer/dj purchase i've bought.
    Last edited by Hansfree; 05-04-2015 at 01:56 PM.

how did the the T1 treat you?
    I thought about getting that as well, but i've had a pioneer mixer before and there all the same. opted for something diffrent.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast