How to organize Traktor via iTunes?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Schalenberg

Default How to organize Traktor via iTunes?

I mess around with Traktor here and there, and now I'm trying to get my music more organized. My question is this: how can I structure my Traktor library to reflect my iTunes library? When I use Traktor, I basically just select iTunes> Library> select the tracks I want to play. I'd like to have my full iTunes library available with bpm, keys, import date, etc. in Traktor, as well as have any updates in Traktor reflect changes made in iTunes. Ex: say I get 20 new tracks. I add those to my Music folder, then import those tracks to iTunes. Can I have those same 20 tracks updated to Traktor automatically? I hope I'm making sense.
    Last edited by Schalenberg; 01-25-2015 at 01:23 PM.

Create smart playlists, and load from the iTunes node in Traktors browser.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Schalenberg

Thanks Patch. I don't use smart playlists atm and I'm not sure I ever will. I basically just want a folder with all my itunes music that gets updated as I add new songs to itunes. Do I just create a playlist and go from there? I don't want to have to manually drag songs in Traktor from the iTunes node to the playlist. I just want it to update it automatically, if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by nudedudewithattitude View Post
    I mess around with Traktor here and there, and now I'm trying to get my music more organized. My question is this: how can I structure my Traktor library to reflect my iTunes library? When I use Traktor, I basically just select iTunes> Library> select the tracks I want to play. I'd like to have my full iTunes library available with bpm, keys, import date, etc. in Traktor, as well as have any updates in Traktor reflect changes made in iTunes. Ex: say I get 20 new tracks. I add those to my Music folder, then import those tracks to iTunes. Can I have those same 20 tracks updated to Traktor automatically? I hope I'm making sense.
    You can set Traktor to scan your library folder at startup and add new tracks.

Preferences > File Management > Import Music-Folders at Startup.

You can also use the Explorer folder to navigate to your music library and then right-click and select import to collection.

Traktor does not do active folder monitoring, so if you add some files to iTunes, you'll have to restart Traktor so it will re-scan your library at startup and then add those tracks.

Otherwise you'll have to do it manually through the iTunes node or through Explorer by selecting the files individually or simply rescanning the entire folder. It won't add tracks already imported, it will just add the new ones. That will take some time depending on the size of your library.

You may want to use smart playlists though. They can really help you organize.

(I would also like to note that 2.7.3 on Win 8.1 has crashed both times I tried to access the iTunes node while posting this.)

Schalenberg

Thanks Glitch. Huge help right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Glitchworks"
    (I would also like to note that 2.7.3 on Win 8.1 has crashed both times I tried to access the iTunes node while posting this.)
    Whaaa...? I can't tell you how much I appreciate your posting this. No way I'm updating until that is fixed.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Schalenberg

Not opening another thread for this, just gonna ask. Messed around with Traktor Scratch and a pair of turntables and absolutely loved it. How can I (if possible) mimic that feel with my DJM 900 Nexus and CDJ 850s?

Quote Originally Posted by nudedudewithattitude View Post
    Not opening another thread for this, just gonna ask. Messed around with Traktor Scratch and a pair of turntables and absolutely loved it. How can I (if possible) mimic that feel with my DJM 900 Nexus and CDJ 850s?
    Buy TSP?

Schalenberg

Just got it.

What a prince. Congrats.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast