Posting dj mixes on youtube
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Posting dj mixes on youtube

Hi guys, I'm pretty new to this. Could anyone shed some light why some dj mixes on youtube don't get deleted and why some mixes such as my first dj mix got deleted immediately? Would it be better to post on soundcloud instead? Thanks!

It's probably a copyright infringement - one of the songs in the mix.
    Try mixcloud.
    SC | MC

yah soundcloud will also delete if their algorithm matches a copyrighted song. mixcloud gets around this and never pulls copyrighted songs.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

What about vimeo? Are there any video sites that get around this (apposed to just audio?)

Tech Mentor

Hi ,i play sometimes some copyrighted tracks on my mixes but i name it on a playlist on soundcloud & also on youtube ,never been noticed

but sometimes

Sans titre.jpg

A&H Xone2D & 1D+Djm800+BST PR 4,5 (x3)+ M-Jam + mac
    https://soundcloud.com/dj-wo-k
    https://www.facebook.com/dj.wo.k

Thanks guys. I'll try to upload on mixcloud. I've seen a lot of people upload to youtube without any problems. Are there any tips so youtube doesn't delete your mixes?

Tech Mentor

They haven't deleted my mixes on youtube, but they do say they won't play in some countries. They also won't play on some smartphones or iPads, but they will play on a computer.

Quote Originally Posted by slidemasterx View Post
    Hi guys, I'm pretty new to this. Could anyone shed some light why some dj mixes on youtube don't get deleted and why some mixes such as my first dj mix got deleted immediately? Would it be better to post on soundcloud instead? Thanks!
    Hey Slidemasterx,

Your mix on YouTube was almost certainly taken down because it contained copyrighted material. Some mixes on YouTube aren't taken down probably because the uploader has explicit consent from the publisher(s) to share the material, because there's no copyright infringement, or because there is copyrighted material present, but it just slipped through the cracks of the detection software. If YouTube took down one of your mixes because of copyrighted content, you'll need explicit authorization from the owner(s) of the track(s), and that's a long and frustrating process, which I talk about here: http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=86033

In my opinion, and I've been a DJ for almost 10 years and have opened up for some of the biggest talent in electronic music ever, you should always take a shot at uploading your mix to SoundCloud. SoundCloud, like YouTube, also analyzes tracks using a state-of-the-art detection software and, if you upload a mix and one or more of the tracks contained therein are flagged, your mix will be immediately blocked. It is also possible for the software to flag a track in an old mix of yours, one that you've had up on SoundCloud for 6 months, for example, and take it down, too. In this case, you'll receive an email stating that such-and-such track is copyrighted content and that you'll need explicit consent from the publisher, which should then be forwarded to SoundCloud, for the mix to be on public display again. This process sucks, because there are a lot of legal hoops you have to jump through, but it's the law.

Just as I said that you should always post your mixes to SoundCloud, you should also do the same with Mixcloud. Mixcloud, as far as I know, will never take down one of your mixes due to copyright infringement, unless you uploaded a track that's not yours and passed it off as your own. Mixcloud is great because you won't have to grapple with the perils of copyright law like you do on SoundCloud, but users aren't given as much latitude. For instance, you not allowed to download mixes and you can't seek through mixes backwards. Moreover, Mixcloud isn't as popular as SoundCloud. For what it's worth, you may want to try house-mixes.com. This is a great alternative to YouTube, SoundCloud and Mixcloud.

Hope you find this helpful.
    "There are no two words more harmful in the English language than 'good job.'"
    — Terence Fletcher, Whiplash

I've found a trick to uploading mixes to youtube using watermark speech at a reasonable volume throughout the mix and also including as much information about the artists/tracks you are playing including links to where viewers can go to download/purchase the music themselves.

This helps pass the infringement robot plus it's advertising the music so the artists will be pleased more than upset. This isn't a sure way at all but it helps in the longevity of time it will stay up for.

Tech Convert

Sometimes the original owner allows your mix to be played on youtube, but than he will put adds on your video and HE will earn the money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast