DJM 900 Nexus Filter color effect LED turned off .
    Tech Mentor

Default DJM 900 Nexus Filter color effect LED turned off .

Hi there I have had this mixer since July of 2014 and never had issues , So I was doing a set tonight and during my set my blue led for the filter color fx just turned off and after my set I shut down the mixer turned it back on and it was still burned out or off not sure. So then I decided to leave it and it probably a worn out led so 20 min later I decided to turn my mixer back on and it works like new like it never happened which is strange. Could this be a way of telling me something is wrong? Like for instance the mixer is too hot or something else?

thanks

Michael K
    Last edited by MKMusic; 01-27-2015 at 12:30 AM.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 3.01 /MacOS High Sierra/Macbook Pro 13inch Early 2015
    MF Twister /Kontrol F1/Kontrol X1 Mk2 x 2/XDJ 1000 MK2 x2/Maschine Mk2/RMX 1000
    DJM 900 Nxs2 /HDJ X10s

Did you move it at all after turning it off for 20 minutes or did it just remain stationary? If it was moved, could be a short?

I've never experienced that though...did any of the other effect lights work? I would think if it was a matter of over heating, all the lights would be screwed up, but I'm not an electrical engineer or anything, although it seemed like half my classes in college for comp sci were EE courses. I just don't remember anything.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Tech Mentor

hmm well what I did do is have my Iphone plugged into the same power bar charging via the USB power adapter on my power bar and I unplugged it before i turned my mixer back on I never moved the mixer tho. Could the USB be interfering with the Mixer being plugged into the same power bar that the Iphone was ? All the effects worked just fine including the filter i just couldnt see if it was on or of ect just the led was out.
    Last edited by MKMusic; 01-27-2015 at 12:49 AM.
    DJM 900 Nxs2 /HDJ X10s

Tech Mentor

Well it must have been an EMI interference issue with my Iphone plugged into the USB charger on the power bar which is strange.
    Last edited by MKMusic; 01-27-2015 at 01:46 AM.
    DJM 900 Nxs2 /HDJ X10s

Tech Mentor

Okay so it happened again during an hour set i was told the solder is loose for that particular blue LED taking it in to get serviced tomm hopefully it don't take that long to fix.

Its so weird i tride to replicate the problem for over 3hrs earlier tonight and it wont replicate. its like its sporadic u never know when its going to happen.
    DJM 900 Nxs2 /HDJ X10s

intermittent problems are the worst, return the thing 5 times and every time they say" we could not get the device to fail", you unbox it, bingo instant problem again.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu