How long does it take you to produce a track
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How long does it take you to produce a track

for all your producers out there, how long do you spend producing your original tracks and remixes?? how many tracks/channels??

I am spending upwards of 2 weeks on my Remixes and a month on my original material.

Tech Convert

I have problems with considering a track as finished - but that may be because I don't usually release tracks commercially. As I progress and gain more knowledge about the tools, I go back to my old stuff and improve it. So, in a way, I have tracks that took 4+ years to make xD.
    SoulBrix - Producing tunes since 2010
    Do you like electronic music and free stuff? Check out my soundcloud!

When I produced full time I could bang out a remix mastered fully in about 3 weeks when I mean full time I mean as in a few days a week for 4-6 hours.... Originals were slightly longer... These days it's usually a month or more for original in mastered and same for a remix but that's only a few hours a week..... Some of my best ones have taken the shortest amount of time because everything just felt right and came together the way my brain wanted it

three to five weeks for me.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Ha like a month. I get the general idea down within like 2 days, but then the rest of the time is spent on mixing the track, and adding more and more little shit. I usually end up with like 60 tracks.

Lately, I've been able to finish remixes in a week. I do have a job and only end up working on them maybe an hour a day. Balancing work, exercise, gigs and producing is tough at times so I try to get them done so I can focus on the next thing. Original tracks take me about 3 weeks. Sometimes things just come together quickly. The more you play, the better you get and sooner you finish your tracks, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    Ha like a month. I get the general idea down within like 2 days, but then the rest of the time is spent on mixing the track, and adding more and more little shit. I usually end up with like 60 tracks.
    lately i have been spending a 3 weeks to a month writing the base song on my guitar, fiddling with the idea, and a week properly producing it.

writing it on guitar saves me alot of time infront of the DAW.

my current goal is one new track per month.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Quote Originally Posted by Deejaesnafu View Post
    my current goal is one new track per month.
    same... a new track or remix every month. it all goes into a pile, most of it i toss out because it is not good, some of it is actual music that is good, means something etc... and some of it i go back to and redo.

it forces me to be productive lol

The song I put out today took me 4 days to make, 2 days for mastering to come back, and 3 weeks for artwork.

Unreal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast