Is it morally correct?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Is it morally correct?

Morning everyone,

I'll be playing on this saturday quite a long set, 6 to 7 hours, and a friend of mine asked me if i could play some commercial music too. Since it is a party for a friend (and obviously I'm not asking for any kind of money) and I really don't like EDM commercial music, is it morally correct to """play""" a pre-recorded set for the first 2 hours (and have the time to spend some quality time with some chicks ...even if I won't, because I'm a sociopathic motherfu**er)?

Have a nice day

yeah totally acceptable in my book.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Guru

Its only lame if you are pretending to DJ while the pre-recorded mix is on.

If you do that, then you further devalue the craft of DJing and give weight to the people who think DJing is all fake.

Play the boring EDM before your set, then show people how much better your sound and flow is with your craft.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Nothing wrong with letting the shite play so long as you aren't playing it (technically)

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post

If you do that, then you further devalue the craft of DJing and give weight to the people who think DJing is all fake.

Play the boring EDM before your set, then show people how much better your sound and flow is with your craft.
    ^^This

Just dont do a guetta

Just hit cruise mode and chill with your friends, just dont make believe youre scratching/mixing while its playing.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

that. And it includes fiddling with effects or eq meanwhile too.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Tech Mentor

exactly. nothing wrong unless you are pretending. I usually leave a set playing for the first hour while people are still coming and we are arranging the final details.
    Producer & Dj from Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    Soft seared beats and smoked gritty basslines marinated with pads, served over home grown melodies and a pinch of salt.
    https://soundcloud.com/similian
    Subscribe to Similian Sound Tools mailing list and receive exclusive content!

i generally start playing a pre-recorded set, if i am still setting up at the event. just something to keep the music going so its not dead silent... agian like everyone else said, do not pretend to DJ that set lol

Tech Wizard

It's fine, it's the jukebox concept - you've not officially started your 'set' yet!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast