faster to market with the z4 please! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

yah ive been playing for 20+ years. this experience has led me to a lot of headaches with community gear at clubs. ive had alot of people get worked up when i tell them im going to be unhooking their CDJ pioneer rig and stacking it on the kitchen prep counter while i use my own gear, but i always hook everything back up the way it was, then people get used to me.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Try finding a Korg Zero4

i love korg , but wouldnt buy one as my main mixer. if i saw a used one a GC and could haggle em on it , id get one as a toy.

im just not sold on anything out right now, and it bugs me lol... what i really need is an engineer

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Deejaesnafu View Post
    im starting to get the itch for a new mixer, i really want a 4 channel mixer that is traktor certified, however i do not want a pioneer. this leaves me in the "no such thing" realm for now i guess. i have looked at every mixer between the rane 64 to the xone 92 or db4, and can find a reason NOT to try to use any with traktor. you would think at this stage in the game NI would have their own line of traktor certified mixers... but then if they release the z4 or whatever, will it even be worth waiting for. i use a DVS set up so this also plays into the equation. i picture having a 4 channel mixer, an x1 an f1 and my techs....

i love using my modified apc40 as my mixer, but the sound quality and build quality arent really all that, and why should they at the price...if someone would only put out a high quality version :P
    Why not get a Denon X1600 or an X1700??

I owned a x1700 and it was great, unfortunately i sold it because i no longer DJ.

Denon's are extremely high quality, but people are to busy riding that Pioneer status.
    Done DJ'ing

the only draw for me on the pio is the traktor certification... i am pretty much a pioneer hater, but im also living in the real world unfortunately.

ive always heard good stuff about denon, im sure the sound quality can hang with pioneer in that respect. cant see it being on the same level as the xone or rane tho...i have big hands though and both rane and xone seem cramped in the current era

imho this comes down to NI not making enough money on softwares and in turn wanting to corner the market on traktor hardware compatability...however they also wont hurry up and develop the hardwares...

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Deejaesnafu View Post
    the only draw for me on the pio is the traktor certification... i am pretty much a pioneer hater, but im also living in the real world unfortunately.

ive always heard good stuff about denon, im sure the sound quality can hang with pioneer in that respect. cant see it being on the same level as the xone or rane tho...i have big hands though and both rane and xone seem cramped in the current era

imho this comes down to NI not making enough money on softwares and in turn wanting to corner the market on traktor hardware compatability...however they also wont hurry up and develop the hardwares...
    Denon is traktor certified. and, it has a full input matrix input as well as midi capability.

If you're doing your research than you should know that Denon's quality is great, and their products are really extremely comparable to Pio. the SC2900's are a fraction of the price for say a CDJ900.

Neither Xone or Rane are Traktor certified, if you want them to be certified then use Serato. You can easily pick up a Denon mixer for under $1000. I had to sell my X1700 for under $1000, since so many people are brainwashed on Pio.

I would rather have purchased an DB2 or DB4, but they weren't natively traktor certified.d

Good luck with your informed decision
    Done DJ'ing

thanks for the suggestion, but no jogs for me... honestly the more i look at that x1600 the more i like it

i just got an x1600 from a forum member, just waiting to pay. Its an awesome mixer, has literally everything your looking for! go buy one right away!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast