Mixed In Key V.7 w/ Traktor?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Mixed In Key V.7 w/ Traktor?

Thinking of purchasing Mixed In Key v7, anyone using it?
    How is the Traktor integration?
    Do the cue points work?

Just started mixing in key I do like some aspects of it, just not sure I want to spend the money on the software. Thanks for your input.

If your buying it based on the cue point feature you might be disappointed but maybe not

Tech Mentor

not solely for the cue feature, but I never set cues from the start now my collection has grown, so it is a selling point...

I think the idea is if your library is analyzed already it will properly set cues however I have not tried that aspect of it I will try it sometime but just haven't set it... I will say as far as harmonics goes it is spot on I really enjoy usuing it and am overall extremely satisfied with it for that..

When I used to have hours on ends to listen to tracks and really get to know them in a personal way it wasn't a issue but these days my time in front of a computer or with headphones in listening to tracks is extremely limited. MIK helps here a lot because what I used to do just manually I can automate and for the most part with a great deal of confidence rely on its results

Fwiw when mixing trance harmonica are everything a good example of the accuracy of the program peep my latest mixcloud mix and I switch up about 45mins in to trance... With just the key results and little human intervention layed down a solid prog/epic trance mix ... Of songs I picked when I did it only one or two were the key results not enough to make me confident... Normally I will load a track by key result quickly scan through it and go from there...

Call me lazy or taking a shortcut but try having 2 kids under the age of 5 married and work a full time job plus all extra things leaves about 2 hours a day to do something and 2 hours is exactly enough time for a mix....

Everyone says learn your tracks but at my time and length I've been djing I'm confident In my decision making based on a 30second scan of the track and with a highly accurate key result and so far hasn't led me down too many bad track selections in the past few years I've been usuing mik

Mik is great for key detection but i prefer to set my own cues... it is a nice feature for some i guess to save time but it really only takes like 10 seconds using beat jump...but they are the best for key
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Yup definitely normally I only set cues at first beat then 64/128/192 verry rarely do i go further then that

sebastiannz

Quote Originally Posted by bisco View Post
    Thinking of purchasing Mixed In Key v7, anyone using it?
    How is the Traktor integration?
    Do the cue points work?

Just started mixing in key I do like some aspects of it, just not sure I want to spend the money on the software. Thanks for your input.
    I did not find the cue function useful at all. It seems to be the cues in all the wrong places.

The key function is really good though, and my mixing is much smoother as a result.

Tech Mentor

I'm also married with a baby and full time job. Always looking for easier ways due to the fact that "free" time is rare.
    Do you think v.2 or v.5 for example would be just as good if not using cue points?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by sebastiannz View Post
    I did not find the cue function useful at all. It seems to be the cues in all the wrong places.

The key function is really good though, and my mixing is much smoother as a result.
    I find myself always looking for keys as opposed to tracks I think will work or I want to hear.
    How did you get over this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast