First Mix - Electro

Default First Mix - Electro

Decided to share my first uploaded mix. Its electro, check it out and let me know what you think.

Tracklist

1. Move My Body (Only 4 Erol Mix) - Tiga
    2. Complications - Deadmau5
    3. E Talking - (Tiga's Disco Drama Remix) - Soulwax
    4. E Talking - Soulwax
    5. Cornelius - The Bloody Beetroots
    6. Hold your Head Up (Soulwacked Mix) - Arthur Argent
    7. Phantom Pt. II (Soulwax Remix) - Justice

Recorded using Traktor Pro and Garage Band

Thanks

shameless self bump. after 20 days and 160 views patiently awaiting some feedback.

Pretty grinding. The way I like it. Would have been nice if phantom had been cut in a bit more at the end, instead of just faded. Or maybe you could have beat sliced that 2nd to last songs lyric over the top.

I do love a bit of beat sliced lyric action.
    The Prime Directive - Electro, Disco & House
    My SoundCloud account: www.soundcloud.com/the-prime-directive
    My Design & Animation Website: www.mintyfreshdesigns.co.uk

Hey man thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nicklebe View Post
    Or maybe you could have beat sliced that 2nd to last songs lyric over the top.

I do love a bit of beat sliced lyric action.
    Had a listen to your Beat My Ghosts Up. really cool. When u say cut up do u mean what u did with heartbreaker over hey boy, hey girl at around the 6:40 mark? Sounds cool

Quote Originally Posted by Modus Operandi View Post
    Hey man thanks for the feedback.

Had a listen to your Beat My Ghosts Up. really cool. When u say cut up do u mean what u did with heartbreaker over hey boy, hey girl at around the 6:40 mark? Sounds cool
    Sort of. That was a loop of the hearbreaker lyric with the Gater effect over it. You can do cut ups with the beatmasher too. But the best way I think to do it is with the Beatslicer effect. I don't know if you have any experience with this effect. But it's amazing at slicing up and reordering short loops on the fly.

Not tooting my own horn but this is the only example i know is done on the beatslicer . On my "Drumming out some heart(beats)" mix at 17.12 I dropped in a short 8 beat loop of the lyric "7 times out of 10 we listen to our music at night". Then at 17.42 I engaged the beatslicer when the main tracks bassline kicked in. It cut up the lyric and sort of makes it into its own little groove a bit like a glitchy drum beat if you get what i mean.

The only problem with the beatslicer is you REALLY have to make sure you make sure before hand that the settings you have will sound good with the song you're doing it on. Alot fo the time it sounds god awful and will ruin the mix. This effect is definately one to pre prepare. You can use the little camera button on the FX unit to save a good set of values for the effect. That's what i've done. This allows you to quickly change back to your preset settings if you change to something that sounds shitty.

Anyway in terms of your mix you could try these sorts of effects on your lyrics, or on blipping house tracks, and on really thick basslines it sometimes works too. It's great cos it's something no one will have ever heard before!

Hope this helps!
    The Prime Directive - Electro, Disco & House
    My SoundCloud account: www.soundcloud.com/the-prime-directive
    My Design & Animation Website: www.mintyfreshdesigns.co.uk

Tech Convert

Nice job with the Cornelius mix-in. Simple but effective as hell.