The new recordbox is coming soon?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The new recordbox is coming soon?

Just been over to Pioneers website and is states that new new recordbox is coming soon.

Does anyone think this may be linked with their new turntable (Pioneers own DVS system within recordbox?)

The new turntable that was shown at Musikmesse has gone quiet for a for a months now.
    TSP2, Rane 64, 2x SL1210 (restored and customised), Shure M44-7 Carts, X1 Mk 2, Launchpad.

http://www.sounditoutrecords.co.uk
    https://soundcloud.com/theworkhouse-sessions

I've been looking for news on this everywhere - all sounds exciting but am a little nervous as hoping they're still working with Mixvibes on this new version
    CDJ 2000s : DJM 900: Reloop RP-7000s : Mixvibes Cross 3+ : HPCompaq : iMac: Maschine 2 : Traktor Pro2 : XDJ-AERO : RMX1000
    facebook.com/djanedalton / and my DJ alter-ego, The Imperatrixx

I want beat jumping. Also midi mapping for track browsing & prep mmmkay? Also something that looks & functions like its actually from current software tech era would be nice... thanks pio xo
    Last edited by DJ SB; 06-12-2014 at 04:46 AM.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jane View Post
    but am a little nervous as hoping they're still working with Mixvibes on this new version
    I'm hoping exacly the oposite hahahaha

[DREAM]What I really hope is that they blend their stuff with traktor or serato and we could see the software's Deck box on the CDJ's screen....

Then we would bring USB Sticks with Traktor or Serato data like rekordbox, and everything would work flawlessly...[/DREAM]

Still, I really believe this new rekordbox will have just a new design and maybe something slightly new that will bug like hell.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Schalenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
    Still, I really believe this new rekordbox will have just a new design and maybe something slightly new that will bug like hell.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
    I'm hoping exacly the oposite hahahaha
    yeh, I think there's just me who's a Mixvibes Cross user here and most everyone else Traktor/Serato/VDJ, so I guess I'm likely in the minority

But yeh, I've really fallen in love with Cross, especially that I can set cue pionts and then export them to Rekordbox and then export to USB. That saves me so much hassle with my sets as to if I'm going to use laptop/CDJs for a gig or just a USB (I use my laptop if the gig will be much more request based)

Cross has some awesome features - I love the interface and editing (far easier than rekordbox to set and edit grids), it's got DVS built in, and the inbuilt video that's now in version 3.0+ a nice bonus.

It's not so strong in fx, but I use the hardware mixer's/rmx 1000 for those, but everything else I find Cross to be comparable to the big players, if not a little better in some areas.

So yeh, am just hoping Pio and Mixvibes are still working together, and REALLY hoping there's much more of Cross incoporated into the new Rekordbox.

But if not, I'm still a big fan of Traktor.

Watch Pio go 'all Serato' though with this tho (not like nearly all their recent new gear works with Serato)
    CDJ 2000s : DJM 900: Reloop RP-7000s : Mixvibes Cross 3+ : HPCompaq : iMac: Maschine 2 : Traktor Pro2 : XDJ-AERO : RMX1000

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jane View Post
    yeh, I think there's just me who's a Mixvibes Cross user here and most everyone else Traktor/Serato/VDJ, so I guess I'm likely in the minority

But yeh, I've really fallen in love with Cross, especially that I can set cue pionts and then export them to Rekordbox and then export to USB. That saves me so much hassle with my sets as to if I'm going to use laptop/CDJs for a gig or just a USB (I use my laptop if the gig will be much more request based)

Cross has some awesome features - I love the interface and editing (far easier than rekordbox to set and edit grids), it's got DVS built in, and the inbuilt video that's now in version 3.0+ a nice bonus.

It's not so strong in fx, but I use the hardware mixer's/rmx 1000 for those, but everything else I find Cross to be comparable to the big players, if not a little better in some areas.

So yeh, am just hoping Pio and Mixvibes are still working together, and REALLY hoping there's much more of Cross incoporated into the new Rekordbox.

But if not, I'm still a big fan of Traktor.

Watch Pio go 'all Serato' though with this tho (not like nearly all their recent new gear works with Serato)
    Well I didn't know you could bring data from Cross to Rekordbox. That definately would make things easier and more precise.

I'm not against Mixvibes, I'm just not satisfied with Rekordbox, and, since Mixvibes made it, I don't want problems to keep happening on the future versions.

A real blend between Cross and Rekordbox would be cool too. But I still hope Traktor does it, would be perfect for me.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Yeh - it's a shame as Mixvibes seem to have a bit of a prob letting people know all the cool stuff they have. The 'sync to Rekordbox' was the reason I got the software hen they brought it out on 2.6. You still need to 'analyse' in rekordbox once you've sent over playlists you've prepped in cross, but it's so much easier to prep and edit in Cross. I can figure out sets first in there and then when I'm happy output over to rekordbox to get onto a USB. And cross works so good in HID with cdjs (I was using a pair of of 2000s at the weekend - no probs at all). If I'd have had time I would've been doing it using Cross video as well but I'd ran out of time getting my sets together, but at the club there was a video screen input in the booth. I'm def working on that for my next night there in Sep.

I just really hope they continue to work together as there's some great features in Cross and if there's much more integration def the better as hopefully that'll help swell Cross users and help them to develop that more as well.

but also if they make the Traktor and Serato also link into this new version of Rekordbox - think they'll get even more users onboard

This was the setup I was using - I'd got in a pair of 2000s and a DJM 900 for the weekend (I really didn't want to give them back!), and was running Cross in HID and had my RMX on the Send/Return.

cross.jpg

Tbh the fx in Cross too have improved recently now in version3.1 (maybe I was a bit unfair in my above statement), but I'm still much more used to my RMX so I mostly use that, but they've some nice macro fx in there and I sometimes use Cross' fx if I'm hooking it up to my XDJ Aero (there isn't an official Cross mapping for that sadly, but I managed to modify a user's XDJ-R1 mapping and it works good, tho one or two 'quirks' I need to iron out.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast