Behringer DDM 4000 LEDs in Traktor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Behringer DDM 4000 LEDs in Traktor

Hey guys whats up? I was wondring if anybody knows how to activate the LEDS on the ddm while in midi mode. I have a pretty sick mapping worked out but I lose all my leds. I would say my midi mapping skills have come along way over the past year but I have not been able to figure out how to get this to work. Everybody on here seems very knowledgeable and I was hoping someone could explain how to map an LED active button.

Thanks

This should get you started!
    • Duplicate a button mapping.
    • Set the duplicate to "output".
    • Clicking on the drop down where you midi learned command appears, manually give it the CC number corresponding to the led, which you'll find on the Midi mapping chart which came with your DDM.

Tech Wizard

Default Thanks

Nice, Thanks Bro.

Im hitting the road now so I will have to wait till later to try this but def appreciated.

Tech Mentor

Yep, there should be a chart with the values in the manual. I would be interested to hear what kind of mapping you have. I made ddm-only three channel setup with effects units mapped to the outer channels.
    @Twumpy

Tech Wizard

Default Got it

Got it. Thanks allot. Pretty simple now that I know how to do it. lol

Tech Wizard

Default Map

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy View Post
    Yep, there should be a chart with the values in the manual. I would be interested to hear what kind of mapping you have. I made ddm-only three channel setup with effects units mapped to the outer channels.
    I used to have mine setup the same way before adding in a Korg nano control for effects & (2) nano pads for Hotcues for all 4 decks. I will send you my new tsi if you want to ckeck out the new layout. basicly I added loop size & active to the eq kills & browser search & deck loading to the sampler section. I also use the buttons in the crossfader section for deck A & B play/sync/ cue play/ & loop active. Im going to upload some picks of my new setup later cause I made a custom case to hold all my nanos & mixer & added in some blue leds to light the nanos.

Tech Convert

Default LED feedback...

hey there, midi-mappers! is it actually possible to send the (deck) volume information back to the VU-meters (volume bar, green to red) on the DDM4000..? or is this not even supported by traktor? I didn't really find an answer to that... although I believe that at least the main volume can be sent via midi. but is it mappable?

thanks for any answer,
    cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by buvens View Post
    hey there, midi-mappers! is it actually possible to send the (deck) volume information back to the VU-meters (volume bar, green to red) on the DDM4000..? or is this not even supported by traktor? I didn't really find an answer to that... although I believe that at least the main volume can be sent via midi. but is it mappable?

thanks for any answer,
    cheers!
    if midi notes exist for the leds, they can be mapped for it

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Mentor

I'm pretty sure it's not possible, on the receive sheet it doesn't have a not for the VU meters

Tech Convert

Default MIDI-controlling and VU-meter

Ok, thank you for your replies. I think you're right, Bkag, meanwhile I have found the midi map too.

However, what I didn't really find out is how flexibly you can select which sections on the mixer are dedicated to MIDI use. For instance: can you use the internal volume mixing (-> line faders NOT as MIDI) but still use the EQ knobs of the SAME channel for MIDI..? Or can you only select MIDI on/off for the controls of a whole channel..?

Maybe it helps if I explain what I would like to do: to have a cheap MIDI-controller (don't necessarily need a real mixer) that has a VU-meter on it! Why to not just route the audio-out through the DDM4000..? I've heard that the EQ band faders should be terrible... :/ Line fader quality is most likely not such a critical issue.

thank you for your replies!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast