Q: preparation on the go (android)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Q: preparation on the go (android)

Hi there,

I have been searching the Internet for a while to find an app on android that can help me prepare my tracks on the go (on my phone/tablet) something that can do what trainspotter and rekordbox do when it comes to costumized tags unfortunately the search resulted in nothing. Also I thought it was not possible to set cue points and loops in traktor without using traktor but apparently it's possible since the latest update of mixed in key does it automatically so since that update I was wondering if that also can be possible using android phone/tablet just like again rekordbox.

The reason why I want to work on my tracks on android is that my music library traktor settings etc. are all on my external powered Hdd and it's always impossible to find more than one electrical plug in best case scenario at the places I spend most of the time at.

If anyone out there have any ideas workarounds or suggestions please do share it with me as I got loads of tracks to prepare before an upcoming events.

Thank you in advance!
    What Do You Call a Half Angel Half Devil ? ... a DJ !

Software: Traktor S4, Ableton Live 8, Windows 7
    Hardware: Traktor Kontrol S4, HDJ1000,PC i7 4gb ram, WD external 1tb, Akai APC 40 (soon), 2x Technics SL-1210M5G

As far as I know there are no such apps for android.

Why don't you just take an extension lead with you??
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

or a power strip?
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Quote Originally Posted by Deejaesnafu View Post
    or a power strip?
    Same thing, we call them extension leads in the UK!
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Hey guys thank you for the replies
    I am really wondering how come no one ever thought of such a solution before for traktor djs especially that everything is digital Nowadays and there is an app like rekordbox on smartphones and tablets that does the job it would save time and it would be extremely convenient and portable when you don't have a lot of time to spare and always on the go (2 jobs and a family in my case)

I have tried the options you guys suggested but in most of the situations there is no electricity outlets in first place the laptop can survive but the powered Hdd won't be accessible
    Any ideas on how I can workaround this situation? I have tried copying some of my music folders to my laptop (while my goal is to prep iTunes smart playlists) but that's not creating a solid flow since I have to run another copy of traktor and once done preparing returning the tracks back to its original paths on the Hdd With smart playlists that's a nightmare :'(

My only challenge in brief is my powered hdd I guess
    Any ideas?

Hardware: Traktor Kontrol S4, HDJ1000,PC i7 4gb ram, WD external 1tb, Akai APC 40 (soon), 2x Technics SL-1210M5G

RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

buy an ipad?
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

rekordbox for android?? thats what i use

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    Yeah tekki i have it on my phone and tablet but unfortunately it either doesnt have the option of "my costume tags" or am not aware of it although i tried searching for it.

Correct me if am wrong, but i dont think the cue points and beat grids are the same as used by traktor.
    other than that imo the pc/tablet/phone apps are amazing i just wish there was an alternative for traktor.

Quote Originally Posted by Deejaesnafu View Post
    buy an ipad?
    currently not an option but might be in near future. does the traktor dj app gives you all the options one needs to prepare on the go and sync seamlessly to traktor pro? also is there a specific model/ios version required ofr this task? thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by calgarc View Post
    rekordbox for android?? thats what i use
    yeah am using it but correct me if am wrong aren't the cue points/beat grids not compatible with traktor's?
    I didnt get enough time to try out that part by myself as i have been really away from my laptop for the past few days, therefore, looking for a solution that fits my situation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast