How Should I Send My Beats To An Artist?
    Tech Wizard

Default How Should I Send My Beats To An Artist?

Hi guys, I'm an amateur producer just starting out and I'm starting to get requests to do productions for artists. So my question is this, the instrumental that I send, should it be mastered or unmastered? Because I know that I'm supposed to do my mix and leave -6db headroom for the mastering stage, but if my beat is already finished and mixed do I send it to the artist unmastered with the headroom still there? Or do I get it mastered and then send it to them for them to just add the vocal?

Unmastered, the mastering is the last stage once the artist adds their vocals. And send a wav file, not an MP3, don't know why beat makers insist on sending MP3's for this sort of thing

https://www.facebook.com/notes/john-...30262767022695

Oh I would send them both a mastered and an unmasterd version. this way they can see your vision. also its a sin to use masterbus comps among other things lol

in the past i have had to send groups... so i would send my leads, drums,bass etc... groups to them and they would do a final mix/master of it. it all depends on the label

Tech Wizard

Check out digital importers online radio. My friend Rubicon 7 helps a ton with people starting out.