G'Day

Thread: G'Day

Tech Wizard

Default G'Day

Hey,

Im new to the site and I just have a quick question. I'm planning to buy a VCI-100 and saw this site with their VCI-100 SE's and thought that would be cool to buy one of those instead. And what I was just wondering was that I saw the shipping prices and then I saw something on free shipping for products purchased over $60 and not sure if its free or not so I'm a little confused. If someone could just clear that up with me that would be sweet. Oh and I just remembered. The VCI-100 SE only works with Traktor Pro yeh...is there anyway to get the cool looking VCI-100 but to work with Traktor LE?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Wil'; 11-08-2009 at 06:41 AM.

The VCI-100 is a midi controller mate, so you can map it to any application that supports midi. I think the VCI-100 actually comes with a copy of Traktor LE, so there'll be a mapping available for it.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

in the shop it says

"Orders over $60 get free shipping worldwide [excluding controllers]"
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Wizard

Ok thanks but yes I do understand that the VCI-100 does work with other programs but the VCI-100 SE in the video says like its meant for Traktor Pro...so i know you can still use with Traktor LE but would it be better to use a normal VCI-100 with traktor than paying more for the VCI-100 SE and use LE?

Quote Originally Posted by Wil' View Post
    Ok thanks but yes I do understand that the VCI-100 does work with other programs but the VCI-100 SE in the video says like its meant for Traktor Pro...so i know you can still use with Traktor LE but would it be better to use a normal VCI-100 with traktor than paying more for the VCI-100 SE and use LE?
    the se overlay is labeled for the djtt tsi (mapping) for pro, if you used it for le it won't (fully) behave the same as labeled on the overlay.

if you're planning on using le, you might aswell just get a normal one. however having the extra bits the se comes with might serve a purpose later down the line, say if you do upgrade to pro - just ask nicely for the se overlay to not be applied to the vci, but put in the box?

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

you could get the other upgrades later I think (someone with a vci back me up?)

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

You could always upgrade either Traktor LE to Pro or the VCI to the FWv1.3 but you lose all the cool advantages of the LEDs.

Really, if you're going to spend the money on the SE you might as well splurge the rest on getting TPro. It's completely worth every penny.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall