Multi-genre DJing? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Convert

I posted this guy in another thread (no, I don't know the guy) but this performance totally inspired me to mix different genres.

Tech Convert

An individual song can have different sections that have different feels or could be be categorized as different genres if you looked at them as not being a part of the same song.. so I think it makes a lot of sense if you think about it that way...

Lets say section one is really slow... and then section 2 is really fast... putting them together is going to make section 1 seem slower.. because the context of our perception is something faster.. and the slower section will make the faster section seem a lot faster.

If you look at painting.. if you want to make a shadow you often don't add black but add the compliment...

If you look at painting.. if you want to make a shadow you often don't add black but add the compliment...
    Very good point...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Gjfukit View Post
    I posted this guy in another thread (no, I don't know the guy) but this performance totally inspired me to mix different genres.

i could be wrong but i don't think his headphones are plugged in….. lol

He specifically says, my headphones are not pkugged in, they are just covering up my hairy chest.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Gjfukit View Post

Yeah he plays both kinds of music, EDM and Pop House lols. How on earth is this considered open format?

I think he averages about one knob turn per every 25 touches. Hes launching a bunch of quantised clips in Live, while pretending its a lot more involved and difficult.

Without all the undeserved swagger, the video might be fun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12