[studio] headphones for composing/mixing/mastering dance music - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro

First of all, I would like to add that I am a very big fan of VModa Crossfade 100 and it is truly a very stable headphone but unfortunately you cant do everything with it.For producng dancing music i will now advice you to go for some open back set.In my experience Sennheiser HD600 and beyerdynamic DT 990 pro are the two best frombig brands but i dont like HD600 due to its price tag so i would go with DT 990 Pro.

Some balance and level issues can be trickier with headphones. Just as when you use good monitor speakers in a well treated control room, with a good set of headphones: http://www.headphonesencyclopedia.co...io-headphones/, you'll be able to hear so far into the details of a mix that each instrument will be clearly audible even when its level is too low. If you are not used to working at this level of detail, you may still find that when you go back and check your mix on speakers, such imbalances become much more obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by steve7 View Post
    First of all, I would like to add that I am a very big fan of VModa Crossfade 100 and it is truly a very stable headphone but unfortunately you cant do everything with it. For producng dancing music i will now advice you to go for some open back headphones set.In my experience Sennheiser HD600 and beyerdynamic DT 990 pro studio headphones are the two best frombig brands but i dont like HD600 due to its price tag so i would go with DT 990 Pro.
    I think the HD600 Rocks for real.. In my opinion, if you have the cash to spend, then do it.
    Last edited by Sarahjoie; 03-09-2018 at 02:00 PM. Reason: correction

It is possible to do your mixing using headphones only but there is such thing as ear fatigue. Your ears will get tired if you only use headphones, it is always better to have studio monitors as well to help your ears rest when you are getting tired.

I personally use AKG K240. It is one of the best studio headphones in my opinion.

I personally use the Sony MDR-7506. They're not the greatest for mixing, but if you're on a budget, they're good enough. I know of a few people who use the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x. Heard some very good things about them.

I think the most important thing to look out for if you'll be using these is the frequency response curve. You want to find the headphone with the flattest frequency response.

Here is a good write-up on music production headphones: https://www.synapticsound.com/best-h...ic-production/

Hope that helps!

what is it with all these new accounts posting on this thread? strange...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    what is it with all these new accounts posting on this thread? strange...
    Somebody must have got an SEO contract

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12