demos to labels/artists...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default demos to labels/artists...

so I have been working on loads of new material the past year. holding off on releases for various business reasons. : i am now starting to shop around at new labels...

how many tracks would you guys send a label/artist/podcast I have 2 general styles of trance in particular i am working on

I have sent 1 at a time, 2 may be best. A and a B side is usually the way to go if they may not like your first track. There is no set of rules.

I would only send mastered versions though, and give a bit of insight about the song, why you chose their label, etc. Don't make it look and sound like they're just 1 label in your list of 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    I have sent 1 at a time, 2 may be best. A and a B side is usually the way to go if they may not like your first track. There is no set of rules.

I would only send mastered versions though, and give a bit of insight about the song, why you chose their label, etc. Don't make it look and sound like they're just 1 label in your list of 100.
    all my finished tracks are properly mastered

Good man

To my knowledge isnt that the point of sending your track to a label tho.. ? To get it properly mastered and have it released.

Doesnt it defeat the purpose to have it mastered before? I understand having a good mix down tho.

Also not trying to hijack this thread in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by AllDay View Post
    To my knowledge isnt that the point of sending your track to a label tho.. ? To get it properly mastered and have it released.

Doesnt it defeat the purpose to have it mastered before? I understand having a good mix down tho.

Also not trying to hijack this thread in anyway.
    send them a polished master, if they lie it send them originals. thats how i got my first deal. although i find they look more at the writing and potential over the mix.. i have gotten tips in the past

Quote Originally Posted by calgarc View Post
    send them a polished master, if they lie it send them originals. thats how i got my first deal. although i find they look more at the writing and potential over the mix.. i have gotten tips in the past
    Just thought id ask. It was kind of a grey area for myself. Im getting to the point where I wanna start sending out my tracks to labels here. Been a long time comming hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by AllDay View Post
    Just thought id ask. It was kind of a grey area for myself. Im getting to the point where I wanna start sending out my tracks to labels here. Been a long time comming hahaha
    I asked around for a long time that seemed to be the most common response

My mastering engineer is pimp I'd rather pay him than have some random half ass it as well

My mastering engineer is pimp I'd rather pay him than have some random half ass it as well
    mastering is one of the many things i studied, which greatly helps when putting out tracks. i can always send the engineer exactly what i want it to sound like.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast