Discogs marketplace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Discogs marketplace

This place is like crack for a fiend geez I'm glad I stopped before it got bad... Anyone use it for vinyl if so how do they feel about it?

At first I used only for whites I wished I'd never got rid of but today I started going through a wish list of replacements that I want and shits gonna get out of hand lol I was really surprised how many options there are now. Last time I used it there were not as many options now I can buy whole back catalogs of stuff I want

Mind ya $370 for 52 records is a lot cheaper then when I made way less and was paying $18 a piece lol

Yeah, I use it every once in a while. Something in my wantlist pops up, then I have to check out everything else they're selling and it usually turn into quite a purchase. I've resisted lately, but mostly because I'm spending my discretionary income on production stuff.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Been finding lots of vinyl only releases lately. So might hop off the controller route and get spinnin some vinyls. I wanna be able to play vinyl only sets. So g!

Quote Originally Posted by ZxZDeViLZxZ View Post
    This place is like crack for a fiend geez I'm glad I stopped before it got bad... Anyone use it for vinyl if so how do they feel about it?

I use it fairly often for vinyl. Never had any problems with buying anything on there.

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
    Yeah, I use it every once in a while. Something in my wantlist pops up, then I have to check out everything else they're selling and it usually turn into quite a purchase.
    This is my problem. No point in just buying 1 record from a seller, so go through the rest of their stuff and usually end up buying quite a few!
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Yup exactly I found myself staring at a nice collection and everything I searched from seller that I wanted they had and was like geez haha

Schalenberg

Never thought of going through a seller's stuff. Discogs can get you into trouble, especially if you're impatient. Right now I'm just setting alerts in Juno for re-issues. Tends to be a little cheaper. And they're new.

Quote Originally Posted by Schalenberg View Post
    Never thought of going through a seller's stuff. Discogs can get you into trouble, especially if you're impatient. Right now I'm just setting alerts in Juno for re-issues. Tends to be a little cheaper. And they're new.
    I'll oftentimes use discogs as a way to get those things that Juno sells out of before I pull the trigger on my cart. You can get a lot of those re-presses, etc. still new on discogs from various retailers throughout whatever country you live in. Plus, saves you the overseas shipping. The only downside is then you have to see what else they're selling to put together enough to still warrant some shipping
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ZxZDeViLZxZ View Post

At first I used only for whites I wished I'd never got rid of but today I started going through a wish list of replacements that I want and shits gonna get out of hand lol I was really surprised how many options there are now. Last time I used it there were not as many options now I can buy whole back catalogs of stuff I want

I'm very, very careful with Discogs. If I wasn't I would have probably needed to sell my house to pay for the inevitable bill.

Haha yeah I try to limit to $100 a month

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast