Well I did it - My first DJ Gig
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Well I did it - My first DJ Gig

I think it went pretty good considering that I had to set up the mixer, speakers etc. Got there early to set up (you cant depend on teens) I thought they would be late and they were. Got the music going, I didnt have enough buffer between me and the crowd and of course the obvious happens someone got to close to the mixers ac cord and it got pulled. It was a quick fix to figure out what was wrong so back to playing music. I had a crate ready to use but Traktor lost it somehow so I played straight from my track collection. I found it really hard to read the group as I played Bachata, Top 40 and some other stuff. I got them dancing no doubt but all I kept getting requests for was Bachata and personally I think its ok but not the only genre of music I have. So that was that in a nutshell I call last night a success. On a sidenote the adults kept coming to me an saying good job so I'm happy.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

nice man, glad to hear! pop that cherry!
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Nice, grats!

Quote Originally Posted by ZxZDeViLZxZ View Post
    Umm what's bachata?
    It's like Mexican salsa music

Thanks guys, Z Bachata is a style of romantic music originating in the Dominican Republic
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip

Quote Originally Posted by bc6 View Post
    Thanks guys, Z Bachata is a style of romantic music originating in the Dominican Republic
    That yung google

I never played it but had idiots ask me to play it at extremely inappropriate times. I thought it was like a dancey kind of vibe. Never cared to confirm.

Leave it to people to not be getting the vibe...and ask you to play some crazy completely unrelated style. lol never fails

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    Leave it to people to not be getting the vibe...and ask you to play some crazy completely unrelated style. lol never fails
    This one bar I would play it was really bad. Got a good crowd and I would play my usual shit and everyone would be feeling it and like peak hour when the floor was full some drunk loser would get mad when I would refuse to play Garth Brooks. Not like I even have that bullshit in my collection, but still. Get a clue.

lol I remember my first bar I ever played at, older crowd, playing some disco hits and mixing a few new ones in there, keeping it jumpin. and the owners son would constantly come up and be like "dude you gotta play some three six mafia". Dude are you kidding me??! not the place or the time! But then he would complain to his dad, and he would force me to play it, and big surprise...Floor...gone. It went on like this week after week.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast