Firmware FAQ and Upgrade Solutions - Page 9
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Exclamation

Hi

Now my VCi is on 1.4 but since then I have pops and other sounds when touching FX buttons 1-4 or the shift button.

What can i do?

I already cancelled a gig because I can not work like this with the vci.
    Can not go back to 1.3 quickly either because I lent the little thingy which we used on the pcb and sent it back already.
    Y M C A !

2x 1200sl, Denon MC-6000, VCI-100 SE Arcade, Midifighter, BCR 2000, Traktor X1, Tracktor Scratch Pro, Pioneer 600 mixer, a mother in law (for sale!) and loads of coffee!

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Are you certain you're in boot mode? Hold the VCI on it's side when you're doing the upgrade so there's no chance the buttons or jogs are touching anything.
    I believe I'm in boot mode. I had the vci upside down on a couch cushion and no lights were on. Just to be sure, I held it up in the air making sure no buttons or jogs were touched and tried it again twice like that.

I follow the instructions in the video too, so this troubleshooting is making it look like my usb-serial cable is not good for this (I was warned). I'll try any suggestions anyone has. I hope to get access to a desktop pc with serial in early February. Either way, I will post here if/when I am successful in the 1.4 updgrade for the benefit of anyone following this.

thanks,
    rite

i have been successful in updating the firmware after lots of issues that other users were using, such as the different ports, having the unit vertical etc. However, my main issue now is the lights come on on the vci but only for about a min then all the led's flash endlessly! Is there something i can do about this as i can't seem to use it anymore!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by evanselow View Post
    i have been successful in updating the firmware after lots of issues that other users were using, such as the different ports, having the unit vertical etc. However, my main issue now is the lights come on on the vci but only for about a min then all the led's flash endlessly! Is there something i can do about this as i can't seem to use it anymore!
    Just to confirm, the VCI does not function correctly or control anything in Traktor when the lights are flashing? Does it work before the lights start flashing? The new firmware has the disco mode, but you shouldn't be able to accidentally put it in disco mode and even if you did everything still works. If it doesn't work I would try to re-flash it.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Yup, it does not function correctly. Functions at first but then about a minute later all the led's turn on and flash and it also stops traktor but once disconnected it plays on. It's not the disco mode, i checked. I also spent hours looking at threads on here but no one had my problem when updating, hence why all worried now! I re-flashed it about 3, 4 times and still no luck. Any ideas? Thanks 4 the speedy reply btw

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by edc1 View Post
    It's worth checking the soldering on the upgrade plate. I'd been battling with the 15024: Boot failed error message for hours. Tried USB to Serial cable, loads of different straight serial cables. I even dug out an old ADSL router with a console port on it to make sure I could get a serial connection through that. Turns out my upgrade plate had a blob of solder joining two of the pins on the top side of the plate together. Removed it with a soldering iron and it worked a treat.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by evanselow View Post
    Yup, it does not function correctly. Functions at first but then about a minute later all the led's turn on and flash and it also stops traktor but once disconnected it plays on. It's not the disco mode, i checked. I also spent hours looking at threads on here but no one had my problem when updating, hence why all worried now! I re-flashed it about 3, 4 times and still no luck. Any ideas? Thanks 4 the speedy reply btw
    Are your in/out ports set to the VCI when that mapping is selected in the drop down in the controller manager?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Tech Mentor

Hi guys

I got some problem,

Roubignol send me his firmware kit & usb cable cause i din't received my order yet.

I did the firmware upgrade... I guess it's succesful but am not sure of it.
    How do I know it's upgraded? In the software i got something like "writen" or something like this, and no error. So I disconect and then I try on my mac. If i use the setup wizard with vci 100 it works, but I can't control with my vci if I import the djtt TSI file.

Can someone help me?

This time I used the verification

thanks a lot
    Clock Frequency (External) = 24.0000MHz, Clock Mode = 0, CKM = 1, and CKP = N/A
    Connecting to device 'H8/3052F' on 'COM7'
    Configuration:
    'BOOT Mode' connection - using emulated interface
    Opening port 'COM7' ...
    Loading Comms DLL
    Loaded Comms DLL
    Initiating BOOT SCI sequence
    Attempting 9600
    Received immediate response from device: 0xAA
    Using micro-Kernel : 'C:\Program Files\Renesas\FDT4.05\kernels\ProtB\3052\Renesas\1 _2_00\uGen3052.cde'
    Downloading and verifying micro kernel...
    Device is erasing...
    Erase Timeout value set to 21 seconds
    Erase Successful
    micro-Kernel download successful
    Sending inquiry for getting line size
    Buffer size has been set to default (128 bytes)
    Sending selection of device command
    Selection of Device - Device selected, code 0302
    Sending selection of clock mode
    Sending selection of clock mode
    Selection of Clock Mode - Clock selected, code 0
    Changing baud rate to 38400 bps
    Set baud rate value = 38400
    Downloading main kernel 'C:\Program Files\Renesas\FDT4.05\kernels\ProtB\3052\Renesas\1 _2_00\Genm3052.cde'
    Main kernel download complete...
    Connection complete
    Processing file :"F:\VCI100-DaveX-1.4.mot"
    Operation on User Flash
    Downloaded the operation module
    Writing image to device... [0x00000000 - 0x0000907F]
    Writing image to device... [0x00009080 - 0x0000917F]
    Writing image to device... [0x00009180 - 0x00009AFF]
    Data programmed at the following positions:
    0x00000000 - 0x0000907F Length : 0x00009080
    0x00009080 - 0x0000917F Length : 0x00000100
    0x00009180 - 0x00009AFF Length : 0x00000980
    38.75 K programmed in 51 seconds
    Image written to device
    Verifying data...
    Verification OK
    Last edited by cassius; 02-03-2011 at 08:54 AM.

Did you set the in/out ports to the VCI in the controller manager? there's a pdf walkthrough included in the zip file that would be a pretty good read.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Tech Mentor

Ok sorry, my english is so bad, i didn't understood...
    Now i can't use my faders -x faders... in 2d int mixer

----and now it's ok... what's gonna be the newt problem lol?
    Last edited by cassius; 02-03-2011 at 09:30 AM.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast