How do I step up my 2nd gig - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

AT the gig is the wrong time to step it up, mate.

BETWEEN gigs is when you practice, and take risks, and get better.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Network with people

Tech Mentor

Was kidding with the alcohol. That's probably a bad idea in most instances. Best way is to self-reflect through and feedback/criticism from clients, recordings of your work, review of your playlists. Other than that. Forum research can help somewhat, but going out and experiencing it live is going to be the purest and truest way of testing yourself. Mistakes are inevitable in any field. The thing is you don't want to make the same mistake twice, and if you do happen to make a mistake, you do not want anyone catching it before you do. Technicalities and skill-set are always something you can control and improve upon in your own time. When people are out to either have a good time or to watch/listen to you, the technicals are second-nature. At this point you are just adjusting to slightly changing variables that you have experienced in the past (hopefully) with success. Be confident, not cocky. Know your equipment very well. Know your music even better. I would say to know your crowd, but the crowd is a variable that changes like the weather. You just have to be able to adapt in a heartbeat at times. With constant exposure and experience you will know how to read a crowd easily, but in the beginning, this is the most important part of being a good dj. Timing is everything. Timing is both a technical aspect of djing as well as an art. Great dj's are amazing multi-taskers with the ability to shift 100% focus temporarily towards one thing, and then shift it towards another. Sometimes this is done so quickly and adeptly that it may look like you are doing 10 things at once, but in your own mind, this is a pattern that you've become well-adapted to over years of repetitive training and experience.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12