Deleting songs from Traktor collection.

Default Deleting songs from Traktor collection.

Hi All,

I've come to realize that i really need to start sorting my music better since i have a humongous library.
    But i was wondering one thing. Since my collection is saved in folders (e.g X:\music\genre\subgenre\artist) and i've been adding the sub genres-folders into traktor (the ones that i'll be djing).
    What i was thinking is that i should start actually going through my traktor collection and delete the songs that either are terrible or not very dj:able..
    But, if i delete it only from the collection (not directly from the hard drive), will traktor, upon restart, add these songs again?
    Like for instance, if i have an album and three songs from that album sucks and i delete them from traktor's collection, once i start up traktor the next time, will it re-add those songs since the rest of the album still gets scanned?
    And if that's the case, is there any way to circumvent it? I believe i have a Trainspotter license from way back that should still work but i haven't used the software in forever.

Nope. You have the option to either just remove them from the collection, or remove them from the collection AND delete the files. Traktor does not scan folders.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

^^^ What Jester said..

When on the topic of your Traktor collection, if you are doing anything with your files, it's worthwhile doing a consistency check, save yourself some sanity.
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Traktor does not scan folders.
    Traktor has an option to scan your media folder at start up.

Quote Originally Posted by Glitchwerks View Post
    Traktor has an option to scan your media folder at start up.
    Yes, and it was this i was referring to.

What i was wondering about was if once deleted from the collection, will that song be "blacklisted" and never added again upon the next scan, which would be the next time i start traktor?

I'm guessing it'll still add the songs that was previously deleted from the collection.

I should just test it out :P
    But if there's away for songs that's been deleted from the collection to stay that way i'm all ears. I guess one way you could to it via playlist. Create a playlist and add the songs that you do like/want and instead of using the whole collection, just go through the playlist.