ULTRA 2015: The Pre-mix. The shot heard around the world. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
    Yes.

Mixing beforehand.

I know.

Bullshit, he pre-mixes.

They all pre-mix, some fake it better some fake it worse.
    Yes.

Mixing beforehand.

I know.

Bullshit, he pre-mixes.

They all pre-mix, some fake it better some fake it worse.

I hate to do this to you but I must. How do you (Daniboy) know that guys like Hardwell premix everything for large events? Do you have personal experience? You been on stage with any of these guys? Have you witnessed any DJ playing a pre-mixed set? Or do you just want to believe thats what they are doing. Sorry, but I have to know if you have any experience with this or just have a firm opinion. Thanks.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jimslaton View Post
    I hate to do this to you but I must. How do you (Daniboy) know that guys like Hardwell premix everything for large events? Do you have personal experience? You been on stage with any of these guys? Have you witnessed any DJ playing a pre-mixed set? Or do you just want to believe thats what they are doing. Sorry, but I have to know if you have any experience with this or just have a firm opinion. Thanks.
    I've seen David Guetta, Steve Angello, Chuckie, R3hab, etc. playing a few feet away from me, and I already had many years of experience as a DJ when I saw them. I've witnessed many not-even-famous-DJs playing pre-mixed stuff.

Steve Angello is a great example, he plays without headphones. I invite you to search for videos of him playing at festivals for hours. You will realise the mixing is simple but flawless, which, for a DJ with enough experience and a pair of headphones is far from being a big deal, but, at the same time, is impossible to be done with the precision it is done and for the duration it has.
    What he could do is getting some tracks to be clearly drifted from each other from time to time (maybe detectable only by DJs), but this is not what happens. The mix is freaking perfect.

Pre-mixed stuff is good for everybody in the end. Its good for the festival owner, for the DJ's manager, for the DJ and for the audience. Real DJs are less then 1% of the audience, so who cares?
    Its like TV, its all fake, and when you think its not fake, its fake.
    Festivals bring thousands of people together and raise millions of dollars, just think about it. Things can't and will not go wrong.

You want me to be wrong, but you know I'm not. Because money rules this world, not hard work or commitment.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Wizard

I've seen David Guetta, Steve Angello, Chuckie, R3hab, etc. playing a few feet away from me, and I already had many years of experience as a DJ when I saw them. I've witnessed many not-even-famous-DJs playing pre-mixed stuff.

Steve Angello is a great example, he plays without headphones. I invite you to search for videos of him playing at festivals for hours. You will realise the mixing is simple but flawless, which, for a DJ with enough experience and a pair of headphones is far from being a big deal, but, at the same time, is impossible to be done with the precision it is done and for the duration it has.
    What he could do is getting some tracks to be clearly drifted from each other from time to time (maybe detectable only by DJs), but this is not what happens. The mix is freaking perfect.

Pre-mixed stuff is good for everybody in the end. Its good for the festival owner, for the DJ's manager, for the DJ and for the audience. Real DJs are less then 1% of the audience, so who cares?
    Festivals bring thousands of people together and raise millions of dollars, just think about it. Things can't and will not go wrong.

You want me to be wrong, but you know I'm not. Because money rules this world, not hard work or commitment.
    How do you know Steve Angello isn't just using sync so the tracks don't drift?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RajMahal View Post
    How do you know Steve Angello isn't just using sync so the tracks don't drift?
    Because I'm talking about a time before 2012, there was no sync for Pioneer stuff.

I should have explained better, sorry.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Mentor

seriously, who cares. you can make a mix in nearly any daw. i do it all the time for my friends that want mixes and its some weird multi-genre thing going on.

complaining about someone who pre mixes or uses sync is like if you complained you got a pay check that was direct deposit rather than receiving a paper check: the amount of money paid to you is the same. you still get money.

the music doesn't have this weird pitch to it when you use these techniques, and people are still enjoying the music. I'snt that what its all about?
    Technics 1210 / Pioneer plx 1000 / Xone 42 / Adam a3x / UA apollo twin / Maschine mikro / Ableton live 9 / Maschine 2 / MBP Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015

Pre-Mixing, the art of having sex, before having sex...

http://soundcloud.com/thom-b/
    2011-04-14-the-corners-of-my

KONTROL S8, 2x KONTROL D2, XONE DB4, traktor audio 10, kontrol x1, pioneer hdj 2000, software traktor scratch pro 2 & ableton suite 9

Quote Originally Posted by souldancer View Post
    Well said...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Wise words from a legend.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

We're talking about 2 different things here. One is an artist painting a picture, making a meal, performing without a net right in front of your eyes and the other is a prefabricated combination of events to appease the sheep. It's like comparing apples and shit on a stick. Which one would you prefer on a stick?
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast