Deadmau5 Calls Out Krewella for "Wireless" Mixer during UMF Set - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

No sound output at all.

I'm sick of these fake djs.

Bring back DJ battles/Sound Clashes.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Is there no other way to route audio? I had a guy on Facebook blasting everyone that he does setups like this all the time but I still fail to see then outs coming out of the mixer lol. Whoever took this pic did a fine job cropping lol.

If you look very carefully at the bottom middle left of the mixer you can just about make out an XLR cable plugged into the master out
    Last edited by robdquick; 03-30-2015 at 10:21 AM.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Here you go:

Quote Originally Posted by robdquick View Post
    If you look very carefully at the bottom middle left of the mixer you can just about make out an XLR cable plugged into the master out
    Except a DJM900, which that appears to be has a L & R master out via XLR and there only "appears" to be one XLR. But, the cropping of the bottom of the mixer is just perfect to make everyone wonder WTF.

Needless to say, a bunch of these festival DJs are probably playing pre-recorded sets, Deadmau5 is an outspoken dude and sometimes a bit too harsh in that regard, and I'm too old and have too little time on my hands to worry about what Deadmau5 has to say about a DJ duo/producers that I don't care about. You'll probably be hearing a lot more on this as festival season ramps up. Sign of the times...
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
    Except a DJM900, which that appears to be has a L & R master out via XLR and there only "appears" to be one XLR. But, the cropping of the bottom of the mixer is just perfect to make everyone wonder WTF.
    Yes, it's been perfectly cropped (Or just taken like that??) to make it look like there are no cables coming out of the mixer. I'm pretty sure there's a cable plugged into it otherwise you'd be able to see at least 1 of the pins....
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Ba haha well I used to care then I started thinking about it.... People that listen to those genres really don't care how the music is being played....

Hell I have issues with people that preplan a set my theory has always been Practice and improv it... I feel the sets normally have more emotion when you don't want in going I'm playing track x here track y there and so on... Kinda like a band at a concert the best bands are the ones that play a different show everytime you see them...

Chalk it up to showmanship maybe or just being a good entertainer... These Guys love being on the mic at these kinds of events so they have more then ample oppurtunity to hype a crowd instead of trying to read it... Best example of this would of been towards the end of armins set he hoped on the mic and said something to the affect of let's pick it up let's make it fast or something to that affect.

But hey who am I to talk maybe people think my sets are complete garbage

i once premixed concrete.. it was a hell of a set...
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Quote Originally Posted by Deejaesnafu View Post
    i once premixed concrete.. it was a hell of a set...
    Def. gonna use this if you don't mind

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast