Liquid Proofing

Thread: Liquid Proofing

Default Liquid Proofing

So has anyone used NeverWet or other liquid repelling sprays on their equipment before? I was thinking about it since I have my first actual college party coming up soon. I wouldn't want to carelessly spray or waste money on the stuff

i was told neverwet only works for a couple of minutes. i could be wrong
    MBP 13"| TSP 2.6 | MPD 26 | MF Spectra | 2x Stanton ST150 | NI Kontrol z2

Quote Originally Posted by tothecloudd View Post
    i was told neverwet only works for a couple of minutes. i could be wrong
    Yea I'm looking into what you said and I'm saying a short life span. Definitely not a few minutes but not a long lasting spray. It also doesn't look good on dark materials, one of which is my S4

I am not sure if they have ever done a DJ controller or large piece of equipment but I do remember this company announcing their services for phones a few years back. They may be willing to try it out if you contact them.

http://www.liquipel.com/product-category/treatment/

Quote Originally Posted by pacific808 View Post
    I am not sure if they have ever done a DJ controller or large piece of equipment but I do remember this company announcing their services for phones a few years back. They may be willing to try it out if you contact them.

http://www.liquipel.com/product-category/treatment/
    haha hilarious that they have Steve Aoki promoting that....lol

Rustolum makes a product that repeals water and such I know it works but don't k ow how it works when it comes to electronics
    http://gizmodo.com/neverwet-review-t...y-is-812797429

http://www.rustoleum.com/product-cat.../neverwet-kit/

Tech Mentor

Not sure it's worth trying to coat a controller in these products. I've done quite a few college parties and as long as you keep an eye on people with drinks, you should be OK.

Just make sure you're running a backup laptop. If someone spills a drink on your laptop or controller, just shut it off right away and switch to your backup.

I've avoided spillage by being a dick with drinks around my gear I've pushed people away and physically removed them and their drinks... If drinks are by my gear they meet the trash

Quote Originally Posted by ZxZDeViLZxZ View Post
    I've avoided spillage by being a dick with drinks around my gear I've pushed people away and physically removed them and their drinks... If drinks are by my gear they meet the trash
    Yea I've got my first gig of sort which is with other college djs. I would have a bacup laptop if I could... but I'm a poor college student atm.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

No amount of waterproofing is gonna protect your controller if someone spills a whole glass of beer inside it.
    Something will get damaged. It's fine on a smart phone but a wholly different proposition on something that has moving parts such as faders.

Just do your best to avoid it happening - that's all you can do.