First PC Build

Thread: First PC Build

Tech Wizard

Question First PC Build

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any good sites to read up on building a pc "suited for music production". Ive used "Dr. Google" to try and research but all I end up with is gaming sites or over biased opinions on AMD vs Intel!!!! (I don't care which)

or, If you have your own advice. Money is not a factor but i dont want to go overboard. Im looking at getting the E-MU 1616M PCI card. Anyone have any experience with this sound card??? Drivers good? Quality? Software wise ill be using Live and FL.

Otherwise, in short, wanting to build a moderate system that isn't comprised of cheap components.

Any Advice?

thanks, Andy
    Gear --> MBP 15" 2.53Ghz 500Gb 7200rpm HDD 4Gb RAM | DDM 4000 | UMX 25 | AK1 | AL7.18 | Traktor Pro 1.2.4

kvraudio has a nice computer setup subforum, as well as gearslutz.

ableton's forums are pretty good too, maybe do a forum search for the soundcard in question?
    good luck
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk