Q: about beatunes or rapid evolution
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Q: about beatunes or rapid evolution

With either of these pieces of software that detects the key of your songs, is there any way to have that info saved into Traktor Pro automatically?

I'd hate to think that the only option is to input the data directly or to do it song by song.

I know with Rapid Evolution you can have it open and drag and drop directly, but that's not what I want to do either. I'd rather have everything in Traktor Pro so that I can just have it all in one place.

I don't know for beatunes, but with RE, you can do it... it writes the key in the key column and in the comments (with the BPM) if you want...
    You just have to check under the preferences > tagging (or something like this)...seems
    The only thing is that for me it wasn't working correctly... it was impossible to get the comment/key writted... just a few tracks tag were modified, something like 5 of 100...
    But it seems to work for other people... so just try it
    mintek on mixcloud | http://www.mixcloud.com/mintek/
    xone:92 | 2 x Kontrol X1 | 2 x cdj1000 mkII | pdx-2300 mkII pro | rp-dj 1200 | audio 8 dj | tsp 2.0.1 | live 8 suite | logic pro 9 | komplete 5

At first glance, it doesn't appear to be working properly for me either.

I forget something... first it was not working for me 'cause I forget to let RE write in comment tag... in the tagging prefs, you have to tell wich column you want to let RE write the tags...
    But even after that it was not working for me
    mintek on mixcloud | http://www.mixcloud.com/mintek/
    xone:92 | 2 x Kontrol X1 | 2 x cdj1000 mkII | pdx-2300 mkII pro | rp-dj 1200 | audio 8 dj | tsp 2.0.1 | live 8 suite | logic pro 9 | komplete 5

Tech Guru

beatunes is mostly made to sync up with itunes. you can then select any of your itunes playlist and analyze the entire playlist or selected songs. the results are written as "proper" (aka non camelot) keys in the id3 key field. you could either write a plugin in beatunes to convert all non camelot key's (if you can code java its simple) or you can do the conversion manually inside traktor by sorting by the key column and then selecting multiple files with the same key and changing the key to the camelot notation.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Hmm, there's an option for Traktor you need to set, something on-startup, I just don't have it in front of me. That will make it resync it's internal song database with what has changed in the song tags. Or first, key analyze, then add to collection...

Quote Originally Posted by minimalmintek View Post
    I forget something... first it was not working for me 'cause I forget to let RE write in comment tag... in the tagging prefs, you have to tell wich column you want to let RE write the tags...
    But even after that it was not working for me

consistency check will do that. also with a lot of these progs they seem to like id v 2.4. thats the case with MiK not sure about the others tho. As long as your key results are replacing the comments, comments2 or whatever they will show up in yur traktor library

Quote Originally Posted by Ciar2001 View Post
    Question never used this myself, but does it work the same as MIK? i have to after using mik and getting the keys then manually add them into the comment field and drag them from itunes into Traktor to be able to see the key.
    Do a consistency check
    Last edited by BentoSan; 11-10-2009 at 06:15 AM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Question never used this myself, but does it work the same as MIK? i have to after using mik and getting the keys then manually add them into the comment field and drag them from itunes into Traktor to be able to see the key.

Id use RE2 over Beatunes

Though Beatunes appears to have its own things its good at when it comes to organising your music collection.

Will have a play around with that and see how it goes Jester

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast