beatgridding/sync'ing songs with irregular beats

Default beatgridding/sync'ing songs with irregular beats

With most electronic music, you can count on a very consistent, very calculated beat pattern that fits perfectly into the beat grid, provided that the calculated BPM is correct. However, I'm noticing that A LOT of my electronic music doesn't fit into the beat grid...Which I happen to find very puzzling...But then there's also all the songs I have from a lot of different genre's, that just can't be synced.

I know there's an option to stretch or compress the beatgrid, but again, this seems to only work with songs that have a consistent beat. Some of the house songs I have, you can actually see the bass come in faster and faster, which would imply that the BPM's are getting just a little bit faster with each passing bar.

I heard in the latest verison of Torq, there's an option where it'll actually stretch the song so that every kick drum comes in exactly where it's supposed to as per the beat grid.

Does this feature exist on Traktor Pro?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

No it doesn't, not yet at least.

Please use the search function for beatgrids. There are TONS of people with these same questions and they have been answered to the point of exhaustion.

If it's EDM more than likely it's got a steady tempo. You just need to really learn how to beatgrid. After some work you'll be golden. There are tracks that change tempo, but they are few and far between, from my experience, in EDM.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Guru

Unless you happen to spin a lot of hardstyle (which does change tempo for the obnoxiously long break that is completely different from the rest of the song most of the time), you will probably have a steady tempo song. I find that traktor will mess up the beatgrid if you load a new song a press play before it has time to analyze properly (but not very often).