New to "DJing" - would like some advice - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Online gaming brings out the inner dickhead tho.. that I can vouch for!! LOL
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Hi all. I have tried to embed the mix but it doesn't seem to work. Anyway, here it is. I hope it's OK.

Last edited by MalcolmDeXXX; 04-16-2015 at 03:56 AM.

Tech Convert

play music you love and not what the new "in" sound is ..get good at it ...love it ..enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by MalcolmDeXXX View Post
    Hi all. I have tried to embed the mix but it doesn't seem to work. Anyway, here it is. I hope it's OK.

This should work...
    http://www.mixcloud.com/MalcolmDeXXX...ech-house-mix/
    Last edited by DJAdeSands; 04-16-2015 at 02:18 AM.
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Thanks.

Listening back to it now...a few mistakes due to me not really knowing the tracks all too well at this point (just bought most of the ones I played in this set last weekend)

Would appreciate any feedback. Maybe I should put the timestamps up so people can see the mixes.

Joke is, I was messing around at some bits with my friend saying "I am gonna try and mix w/o headphones." Turns out those mixes were better than the ones I did w/ headphones :S
    Last edited by MalcolmDeXXX; 04-16-2015 at 04:27 AM.

Tech Convert

Thanks.

Listening back to it now...a few mistakes due to me not really knowing the tracks all too well at this point (just bought most of the ones I played in this set last weekend)

Would appreciate any feedback. Maybe I should put the timestamps up so people can see the mixes.

Joke is, I was messing around at some bits with my friend saying "I am gonna try and mix w/o headphones." Turns out those mixes were better than the ones I did w/ headphones :S
    My two cents worth..

-learn to mix well in your headphones, you would be surprised how many people over-rely on monitors. when you play on a balcony and the nearest speaker is facing the opposite direction and ten metres below you will be grateful.
    -count beats / phases til its second nature. You have cue markers, but not much use when you have just got a track downloaded and really want to play it. at the end of the day, although tracks sound different they are formulaic. the drop is generally at the same place (-ish).
    -focus on producing once you have your djing at a decent standard, lots of producers making a decent living who are pretty pony at mixing.
    -ableton is good for doing edits which are a good way to get your name out there as writing a track from scratch is actually quite hard, but logic is cheaper and better IMO for pure production.
    -learn to warm-up. it's a lost art and often peeps start going pedal to metal which is not cool.
    -dig deep with your music. with modern dj technology and the internet technology it's getting hard to differentiate yourself.
    -mix over the bits made for mixing (see phrasing).

Thanks Helmuth, much appreciated. Anyone else listen to the mix and have any advice?

Thanks Helmuth, much appreciated. Anyone else listen to the mix and have any advice?
    I was busy yesterday but will have time today at work to listen. I'll let you know how it goes

Malcolm, went to listen to it there, didn't get far into it yesterday, and according to Mixcloud, the content is no longer there mate.

Wow yeah it is gone I was just about to listen to it

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast