Audio Interface and Gigs

Default Audio Interface and Gigs

Whats up guys and gals?! I searched but, didn't find this topic so I have a quick newbie question to ask but, let me set up the scenrio first. I have a Konrtol S4, and a Scarlett 2i4 and a midi controller I use for production and messing around. I hope to add a Twister and a 3D in the very near future.
    So hypothetically I have the S4, Twister, 3D and I am setting up for a gig. Do I need the interface or can I use the Kontrol's interface and use an unpowered USB to power the 3D and twister or does ya boy need to travel with the Scarlett 2i4? If so, is there a way to finagle this without having to travel with a powered USB? In which case I would have to set up the Kontrol on the powered USB, right? I've read running the S4 off a USB hub can be a problem. Any advice and help would be much appreciated, thanks!
    -Chief Dog

Tech Wizard

You can use the soundcard in your S4 and not carry the Scarlett, you just need to make sure to route all audio out of the S4.

Hookup your S4 directly to the laptop and your Twister and 3D can share an unpowered USB hub if necessary.

Are you planning on using the S4, Twister, and 3D all in Traktor?

Thanks so much Raj! Send this guy some stickers or something! Yea, I'll be running everything off Traktor and Ableton and you'll be getting a shout out when this gig happens HAHA!

I'm not sure I'd trust an unpowered USB hub to power the Twister and 3D, but you can try it out first and make sure it works in a bunch of different scenarios at home. I'd probably still carry a powered one w/ gigs just in case.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Will do! Thanks, much appreciated!

i use an unpowered usb hub for my vci 100 se and the mf spectra. never had any problems or performance issues.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Industrial grade or run of the mill, Ed? Thanks again fellas

Quote Originally Posted by TheHighChief View Post
    Industrial grade or run of the mill, Ed? Thanks again fellas
    i use this one (http://tinyurl.com/llca9zj). i guess this is what you would call "run of the mill". i used a powered hub for several years but always was bothered by the space it is taking in my bag and the cable mess in the booth. some day i stopped taking the power supply with me and using the hub unpowered. worked. so i looked up some cheap hubs and decided to use the one mentioned above since it's cheap, durable (no static connetion -> no connection loss by sudden movements from other people in the booth (other djs connecting their stuff)) and doesn't use much space in my bag.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

I will have to pick one of those up. Thanks again!