Looking for software that can play through my collection, but at a set BPM - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

[QUOTE=robdquick;722295

I use cruise mode all the time for mobile gigs. I've got a few different early night playlists set up depending on the age range of the crowd and the event, all about 3 hours longs. I then just select the appropriate one, load the first track to deck a, second track to deck b, play deck a and then hit the cruise button. Traktor will then automatically crossfade between then songs. You can change the time of the crossfade in the settings. Note that the crossfade only works properly when mixing in internal mode, in external mode it just plays the tracks with a bit of an overlap, and this is the only reason I use internal mixing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah will have to look at that.... As of now I normally bring 2 setups with me to mobile gigs one for my vdj autopilot most tracks and another for when I get to where I can actually mix.... Having traktor runing on one would be optimal... Can you resume and it pickup where you left off in the playlist after disabling or does it just restart...

Alternatively i assume if I load the next track in other deck and hit cruise it should just pickup from that track I assume?

Quote Originally Posted by robdquick View Post
    Not sure you can set mixmeister to play at 1 specified tempo. Think it automatically fades between the tempos. You'd have to specifically set the tempo on every track to be the same, which sort of defeats the purpose.
    According to a answer to a question asked on their forums:
    "change the bpm at the beginning of the timeline and then don't add any tempo markers. all consequent tracks will be sped up or slowed down to match the (master) tempo. btw: make sure your transitions are set to beatmix full or something similar."
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Quote Originally Posted by ZxZDeViLZxZ View Post
    Can you resume and it pickup where you left off in the playlist after disabling or does it just restart...

Alternatively i assume if I load the next track in other deck and hit cruise it should just pickup from that track I assume?
    If you turn off cruise mode it will just continue to play the current song. When resuming/starting it's a bit finicky sometimes if you don't have 2 tracks directly one after another in a playlist loaded into the decks, then it will just carry on playing from whichever playlist the first track is in. I always make sure that I have 2 tracks loaded that are next to each other in a playlist before engaging cruise.

NOTE: I still use 2.1.2 at my gigs, so this may have changed in more recent versions...
    Last edited by robdquick; 04-16-2015 at 02:41 AM.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Is Traktor 2 Pro the software I should be eyeing?

I'm a CDJ-and-Mixer kind of guy. I wouldn't say no to spending the $100 to try it out. Just curious if there's a light version, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Ever View Post
    Is Traktor 2 Pro the software I should be eyeing?

I'm a CDJ-and-Mixer kind of guy. I wouldn't say no to spending the $100 to try it out. Just curious if there's a light version, for example.
    Yes Traktor LE is bundled with some NI hardware I think but don't think you can buy it - try the Buy/Sell thread - someone must have a copy somewhere - or you can download a demo from NI's site.
    SC | MC

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    Yes Traktor LE is bundled with some NI hardware I think but don't think you can buy it - try the Buy/Sell thread - someone must have a copy somewhere - or you can download a demo from NI's site.
    OK awesome, thanks for the heads-up.

I have a Xone-92 and two CDJ-900's. Curious if it might be time for me to try out Traktor. Any idea what's possible with that setup?

You can aggregate the soundcards in the CDJ's on your macbook and they have HID support, so basically they perform similar to using them without a computer.
    So set up as normal but with USB from each CDJ into your macbook and off you go

The advantage is all your music at hand and if you buy a cheap controller you can access other features of Traktor depending on your style - have a look at the F1 or X1 - they come with a voucher you could put towards buying Traktor Pro.
    SC | MC

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    You can aggregate the soundcards in the CDJ's on your macbook and they have HID support, so basically they perform similar to using them without a computer.
    So set up as normal but with USB from each CDJ into your macbook and off you go

The advantage is all your music at hand and if you buy a cheap controller you can access other features of Traktor depending on your style - have a look at the F1 or X1 - they come with a voucher you could put towards buying Traktor Pro.
    Thanks for this.

What about using the Xone 92? I imagine that would be replaced by Traktor..?

You can but as stated above it only works with internal mixing mode for cruise control... Correction it will work but without the cross fade effect

Quote Originally Posted by Ever View Post
    Thanks for this.

What about using the Xone 92? I imagine that would be replaced by Traktor..?
    No - you use the mixer as normal - instead of the 'sound' coming from a cd it somes from the laptop - everything else will work pretty much as it does now.

Check this out - explains it better than I can when I'm drunk:
    http://blog.dubspot.com/native-instr...d-controllers/
    SC | MC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast