An app to help DJs to get more followers on social networks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default An app to help DJs to get more followers on social networks

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a new app /service to make our DJ lives easier and I have two questions for those who already played in front of a crowd:

If an app could connect you to people in the crowd each time you play and help you turn them into social network followers ( facebook, twitter, soundcloud, mixcloud, ... ) Would you pay a monthly subscription for it ?

If you were to share your tracklist with the crowd so they could "like" the songs you play. Would you do it ?

For those interested in what I'm building PM me, I don't want to share the url and get flagged as spam by the admins
    Last edited by Modah Hype; 04-15-2015 at 09:46 AM.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Is that not just what Kuvo already does: http://kuvo.com/

If an app could connect you to people in the crowd each time you play and help you turn them into social network followers ( facebook, twitter, soundcloud, mixcloud, ... ) Would you pay a monthly subscription for it ?
    No I wouldn't ... I play in underground clubs that focus on dancing and hedonistic party. Smartphones will probably not have service there and people have other stuff to do at the party than checking their phones.

If you were to share your tracklist with the crowd so they could "like" the songs you play. Would you do it ?
    No... basically the same reason.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Is that not just what Kuvo already does: http://kuvo.com/
    It is a similar concept. But Kuvo is limited to selected clubs, CDJs and does not focus on the DJ himself.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by sheikyerbouti View Post
    No I wouldn't ... I play in underground clubs that focus on dancing and hedonistic party. Smartphones will probably not have service there and people have other stuff to do at the party than checking their phones.
    I hear you. We're DJs and we don't want to break the overall experience.

To give you more details, we're building a smart wristband that allows people to "like" the songs you play without using their smartphone. After the party they get access to the playlist of the songs they "liked" and can get access to the recording of your set.

You can then engage with them after the party, invite them to your next gig, promote your latest mix, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Modah Hype View Post
    It is a similar concept. But Kuvo is limited to selected clubs, CDJs and does not focus on the DJ himself.
    but its never about focusing on the DJ or DJ worship... at least i hope not... we go out and do this stuff because we love the music...

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by calgarc View Post
    but its never about focusing on the DJ or DJ worship... at least i hope not... we go out and do this stuff because we love the music...
    No Jesus pose here lol.

The point is to channel more traffic from the live gigs to our social networks. Where we can engage with them more, get them to listen to our latest productions, and drive them to our next shows. Does it make sense to you ?

I mean yeah but you're more likely to go see a bigger named DJ that you like, and you as another DJ would probably be interested in his tracks since they're probably new. We all love music, but we go for the DJ for most of the time.

e/ Of course unless you got a specific club that always books similar acts weather it be big name or no name then yeah that's an exception

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    I mean yeah but you're more likely to go see a bigger named DJ that you like, and you as another DJ would probably be interested in his tracks since they're probably new. We all love music, but we go for the DJ for most of the time.

e/ Of course unless you got a specific club that always books similar acts weather it be big name or no name then yeah that's an exception
    I must be going to special venues or shows then lol.

I must be going to special venues or shows then lol.
    Well we have one here called Spybar that's pretty straight forward like that... Strictly underground techno/tech house type of stuff. I just know that most people(at least that I know) go based on whos DJing. Otherwise they'll find a recognizable name and just go somewhere else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast