Genre Played In Clubs?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Genre Played In Clubs?

I'm looking at BeatPort, and there's a ton of Genres: House, Electro House, Progressive etc...

What kind of genre would be best for clubs/gigs/beach parties/private parties?

I need songs with drops that really gets the crowd going.

thanks,

Tech Mentor

What kind of food do they serve in restaurants?

It depends on which kind, italian, frech, eastern, fusion etc.

Same goes to music, different clubs aim to certain kind of music, maybe techno, maybe top40 maybe salsa.
    The question you have to ask first is where am I playing?
    Is it an underground cult club? Probably techno.
    Is it a house-frat style party? well, hip hop, top 40, commercial.
    Is it a cool but relaxed venue? deep house, house
    etc..
    Producer & Dj from Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    Soft seared beats and smoked gritty basslines marinated with pads, served over home grown melodies and a pinch of salt.
    https://soundcloud.com/similian
    Subscribe to Similian Sound Tools mailing list and receive exclusive content!

Tech Convert

Similian is right! It all depends on one's taste and style of music. I think most approved genre in this case would be something like "big room drops", that has heavy deep maddest bass with good melodies. For example:

I'm fairly new to DJing, but it seems to me that if you approach it with the idea of playing in clubs, as opposed to having a love for a particular genre of music, then you're approaching it the wrong way round.

MalcolmDeXXX - you'll go a long way, mate!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    MalcolmDeXXX - you'll go a long way, mate!
    Thanks mate, I hope I become good!

Quote Originally Posted by MalcolmDeXXX View Post
    I'm fairly new to DJing, but it seems to me that if you approach it with the idea of playing in clubs, as opposed to having a love for a particular genre of music, then you're approaching it the wrong way round.
    I totally agree, thank you for the response.

I didn't say I don't love any genre for say, but I'm a small time DJ, might sound stupid but I would 'like' to play at clubs, and when I go clubbing, everyone just waits for the "Big DROP"...

For example I watch after party videos of say Tomorrowland, which is 'over-rated' and is too 'main-stream', but I love it. What genre is that?

Ive gone through beatport, and I THINK after listening to alot of tracks and genres, that house is too 'calm', and techno is too hard.

I may have answered my own question by finding the answer to be electro house.

Can someone clarify this?

cheers,

The typical genre you'll hear any opener playing in most clubs is "Tech-House".

Now before you guys burn me on this one, lol i wanted to type a whole explanation...but im still hungover.

edit: ph i just read about you wanting big drops...cant help you there lol

just buy the beatport top 10 and voila instant success...

I think he's looking for EDM big room festival genre.

Try to find the main stage EDM festival DJ's playlists from their sets and buy them all on Beatport.

Or go to Youtube, Soundcloud, Mixcloud or Be-at.TV and search for your favorite DJ's live sets and use Shazam.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast